Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Airbake Second Annual Extreme Cookie Challenge

One of Cody's Public Relations clients is WearEver. If you are not familiar with this brand, they make things like Airbake cookie sheets and other baking and cooking needs. For the last two years Cody has been involved in producing an event called the Airbake Extreme Cookie Challenge. This year Morgan and I, along with our good friends Ashley and Eliot, and Minde and Chase went down to FAO Schwartz to sample the cookies and cast our votes. All 5 cookies were quite tasty and we all enjoyed deciding which one we thought should win. Unfortunately, the two we chose came in 4th and 5th, so either the world is crazy or they do not have as good a taste buds as we do!
After the treats we walked over to the southwest corner of Central Park and went to this amazingly huge playground. The boys were in heaven. We were joined by another mom and baby duo, Kiasa and Isabella. After the kids wore themselves out playing, we all walked through the Park to the northeast corner. I know the other moms are seasoned veterans of long walks and you would probably think I would be too, but man o'man I was exhausted. Luckily, Morgan was too so we both took an afternoon nap. (For you non-New Yorkers, Central Park is quite large and hilly). It was a beautiful day and Morgan and I were so grateful to spend it with such wonderful company. Sorry I did not have my camera, Cody needed it at work, but my friend Ashley got some shots so you can check those out on her blog. Also check out the WearEver website for recipes for the 5 cookie finalists. I really enjoyed the beaver huts and ginger turtle cookies.
I love Spring in New York!

5 comments:

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Fun! I wish we had a Central Park here. We may need to come out there and take a stroll! ;) What a fun day!

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

We would love to take you for a stroll anytime! We love visitors!

Jill and Kevin said...

I want to try some cookies. I am on the sweets rage right now. That's what comes from being pregnant! I am glad you enjoyed the pictures of Jane. She cracks me up.

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

All the cookies were tasty but my favorites were the beaver huts and ginger cookies. Remember when we tried to hide the ginger cookies in the warm oven and got ginger cookie bricks!

Jill and Kevin said...

Yes, yes, I remember that! Fun times.