So tis the season for sickness and man o man did it hit our house with a vengeance!
(Warning: not for the faint of stomach!)
We went to wake Morgan Sunday morning only to find the poor little boy and his bed covered in vomit. Sometime in the night he must have thrown up and being the trooper that he is he slept right through it. Since he seemed fine besides smelling horribly, we happily gave him the milk he asked for and proceeded to get ready for church. Seconds before I was going to leave the house with him, Morgan, fully dressed to leave the house, decided to reproduce all the milk he had consumed. Needless to say we didn't make it anywhere and I called Cody in tears to inform him he needed to come home. Luckily he was able to come home and assist me in the multiple more accidents of the day...one of the few days I wish I had free washing/drying in my apartment!
Morgan made it through the day but was a thoroughly tuckered out little boy by the end.
A small taste of the clean-up process.
Well, Monday seemed to put Morgan in better spirits but then the horribleness settled on Cody and I. We were down for the count for the rest of the day and night. I can see why even small families need more than one bathroom! Somehow we made it through the night and I thought the worst was over by Tuesday. Sadly, Morgan has kept up the yuckiness till today (note to everyone, pasta, milk, bright red Gatorade and chocolate not good ideas for a small child with a stomach ailment! Oh and never let a child with diarrhea run around naked for ANY length of time...EVER!). We finally took him to the doctor to hear that he is just fine and everything just has to run its course...so glad we spent the money to hear you say that, Thanks!
So our house has not been a fun one this week but we are slowly recovering (knock on wood) and hopefully will join the rest of the healthy world soon.
Here are a few fun moments from our past weekend to help negate the nastiness I just described:
Saturday my Relief Society had a Super-Saturday craft day. Thanks to the hard work of our enrichment committee we had tons of fun crafts to work on and goodies to eat. I had a blast making 3 pairs of earrings, a scrapbook paper covered wooden frame, some uppercase living embellished holiday jars and plate and a 12 days of Christmas story book.
Here's an example of my newly acquired jewelry making skills. I didn't have anywhere to story the earrings to I just used my ear...note to self, not a good idea when you haven't used those holes in years!
Morgan made it through the day but was a thoroughly tuckered out little boy by the end.
A small taste of the clean-up process.Well, Monday seemed to put Morgan in better spirits but then the horribleness settled on Cody and I. We were down for the count for the rest of the day and night. I can see why even small families need more than one bathroom! Somehow we made it through the night and I thought the worst was over by Tuesday. Sadly, Morgan has kept up the yuckiness till today (note to everyone, pasta, milk, bright red Gatorade and chocolate not good ideas for a small child with a stomach ailment! Oh and never let a child with diarrhea run around naked for ANY length of time...EVER!). We finally took him to the doctor to hear that he is just fine and everything just has to run its course...so glad we spent the money to hear you say that, Thanks!
So our house has not been a fun one this week but we are slowly recovering (knock on wood) and hopefully will join the rest of the healthy world soon.
Here are a few fun moments from our past weekend to help negate the nastiness I just described:
Saturday my Relief Society had a Super-Saturday craft day. Thanks to the hard work of our enrichment committee we had tons of fun crafts to work on and goodies to eat. I had a blast making 3 pairs of earrings, a scrapbook paper covered wooden frame, some uppercase living embellished holiday jars and plate and a 12 days of Christmas story book.
Here's an example of my newly acquired jewelry making skills. I didn't have anywhere to story the earrings to I just used my ear...note to self, not a good idea when you haven't used those holes in years!Sunday night, despite the hardships of the day, Cody and I managed to find joy in our sorrows. We discovered that we make a great "hazmat team". We were so on the ball by the end that we actually managed to only have to change Morgan's bedding and clothes a few times.




4 comments:
Beth, I'm so glad that you put the disclaimer before the post. Granted, that only made me want to read it more. But still, at least I knew what I was getting myself into. Congrats on the baby girl, she is going to be SO cute!
you poor poor things!! we've been passing the yuckiness around us for the last month! a couple days ago was MY first time dealing with Thatcher and vomit. Note to self: never feed him cottage cheese again!
feel better guys!
I'm so sorry...those are THE worst times. I'm especially sorry that you don't have a washer/dryer in your apt. That adds a whole new dimension to the yuck. I hope you all feel better soon.
Yucky! I sure think you guys are so cute! I am glad that Morgan is feeling better!
Post a Comment