Saturday, February 14, 2009

Oh My, Oh My, Ohio!




Ok folks.


It has finally happened, the moment you've all been waiting for...Cody got a job!


And it's in Ohio!


Yep, that's right the Royal Adams and they're Big City Life are moving to the midwest and suburbia. Cody was offered and accepted a job from Smuckers on Friday afternoon. It was an offer we couldn't refuse. After much soul searching and pro/con lists we decided this is the best move for our little family. Unfortunately the timing is not ideal since I am already 30 weeks along in this pregnancy and the clock is ticking but hey you can't haggle over a blessing!


The whole move however is bittersweet because we love our life here in Harlem and will greatly miss all of our wonderful friends and our amazing Harlem 1st Ward family. But if anyone is used to moving and understands the value of change for a family it is Cody and me.
We will be going out to Ohio later this week to check things out. We will keep you all posted. Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support during this tough time. We couldn't have made it through all of this without you!

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, wow, wow! Congratulations! I don't think I've ever know anyone that lives in Ohio. I'll be excited to read all about it.

Sarah said...

So will that be in Orrville? Aaron took a business trip to their corporate headquarters recently. That will be a big change for you guys, but hopefully a good one! Best of luck!!

Wanderingfamilies said...

Remember Frankie Avalon once ssaid: "Why-o, why-o, why-o did I ever leave Ohio?!"

Unknown said...

Whereabouts are you guys going to be in this lovely state? I can't believe you're coming to Ohio. What are the odds we'd both end up in this silly place?

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

We'll be in the Akron area. We're going out tomorrow to look at a few places like Wadsworth, Fairlawn and Medina, which are between Orrville where Smuckers is and Akron. It should be interesting:)

Wanderingfamilies said...

Just for fun I looked at some real estate in Wodsworth - there is a 2,500 sq ft home for sale for $150,000 on 5 acres! Are you kidding me?! We gotta move to Ohio!

Jones said...

how exciting! congratulations!!!

Lara said...

Congratulations on the job and on the new step in life. We hope that everthing goes smoothly. Good luck!

jamiegilson said...

Congratulations! What a fun adventure. As long as you remember to "bloom where you're planted" and have that happy attitude, I'm sure you'll love it. Best wishes!

Oliver & Margy said...

so sad! when can we hang out? let us know what we can do to help. We'll miss you, and I can't say we'll visit Ohio, but I'm sure we'll stay in touch.