Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Week of Mesha and a Weekend of Guests

Last week we had the wonderful pleasure of my best good friend Mesha's company all week. Mesha and I have been best friends since kindergarten in New Jersey. Both of our fathers were in the ARMY and despite moving around we have never lost touch. We visited each other whenever we could growing up and were roommates at Ricks College. After I finished my BA from UCF, I moved out to Payson, UT to live with Mesha, her sister Chamaine and our other NJ friend Sharon. It was so fun to be together again, seriously we never get sick of each other! And I also have her to thank for setting me up with Cody on a blind date!
We loved having her visit and can't wait to see her and her family again!Mesha loves animals so we decided to go to the Akron Zoo on Friday.
Morgan loved having a zoo buddy.
He also loves having other fun people about the house so he is missing her as well.



Baby Jaguars. The last time Mesha took a Mexican cruise she got to hold a baby Jaguar. I'm pretty sure that is her idea of heaven!

Can you find the Snow Leopard?

Morgan's in the yellow train car with all the other short haired blond boys that look just like him.

Who knew fish could be this captivating?!

Our apartment complex pool finally opened up and we took advantage of it on Friday afternoon. These young girls asked Mesha how old she was...I think they were expecting her to say something a little closer to their age. Too funny!


Pepper enjoying the pool. She fell asleep a few moments later.

Late Friday night our good friend Sharon and her hubby Ben drove up from the Cinncinatti area to play with us on Saturday. We decided to go up to a state park between us and Cleveland for a picnic and a hike. It was a beautiful day and fantastic company. Can't ask for more than that!

Pepper airing out in the great outdoors.

Morgan takes off to explore the woods with his stroller. It actually off-roaded pretty good!


A really cool nature center in the middle of the woods. It was really old and had a very chatty pregnant woman inside. Good times.


Sharon and Ben left Saturday early evening. About an hour later our dear friends Cameron, Nikki and their little man John Henry stopped over for the night on their way from NYC to Michigan. We had a very yummy dinner together courtesy of Cody and they came to church with us before heading on their way. They took some pics that I will post as soon as I get them. We all had a great time catching up, including Mesha since we were all friends together at Ricks.
When I was cleaning up on Monday I discovered this lovely note. Thanks guys for visiting us and bringing a little of the city to us here in Ohio. We miss you guys!
It was a busy but fun weekend. We just love having visitors...hint hint to all our friends!
Here are some random shots from our week.
Pepper supporting her brother the rockstar!
I just love the way her toes peek out of her blanket in the swing. I probably spend too much time obsessing over her cute toes!
And here's a video of Pepper becoming more aware of her toys and arms and legs. I'm sure only her grandmothers will find this interesting but if you have a couple minutes to kill and like to look at cute babies enjoy:
Well, that's our life last week. We are looking forward to visiting Cody's brother for the long weekend.
Stay tuned, more to come!

1 comment:

Jill and Kevin said...

Pepper is a cutie. I love her little tongue during the video. Oh and I also got a kick out of the fact that Mesha and Sharon are both wearing capris, which on me would come mid-calf, but on them they're pretty much pants! Good stuff. I'm so glad you got to see them and hang out. How fun.