She had little magnets for the kids to paint, which of course was a big hit.

Becky, Abby and Jack
Laura and David



Becky, Abby and Jack
Laura and David

Thanks, Heather for the fantastic playgroup!
The other day I heard Pepper waking up very early from her nap and I went in to my closet to investigate.
The other day I heard Pepper waking up very early from her nap and I went in to my closet to investigate. This is what I found.
Somehow Pepper had managed to get one arm out of her onesie,
and her binky down the front of her shirt!
Such a crazy girl but you can't really be annoyed with that beautiful smile!
Saturday night was our Akron 1st Ward Christmas Party.
The theme was "Oh, Little Town of Bethlehem" and you were supposed to dress in costume.
We convinced Morgan to wear a hat, only if he got to wear his guitar shirt and that he had a hat like daddy's. It lasted all of five minutes once we got there but it was cute for those five minutes.
Jack in costume.
Somehow Pepper had managed to get one arm out of her onesie,
and her binky down the front of her shirt!
Such a crazy girl but you can't really be annoyed with that beautiful smile!
Saturday night was our Akron 1st Ward Christmas Party.
The theme was "Oh, Little Town of Bethlehem" and you were supposed to dress in costume.
We convinced Morgan to wear a hat, only if he got to wear his guitar shirt and that he had a hat like daddy's. It lasted all of five minutes once we got there but it was cute for those five minutes.
Jack in costume.I could listen to people read about the Savior's birth everyday! It really made me miss working on "Savior of the World" at the Conference Center Theatre. What a great experience and time in my life!
Potty training has been going great as far as peeing in the potty is concerned. Morgan always tells you when he needs to go, even when we are out and about. He hasn't had any pee accidents and is able to hold it till we find a bathroom. Pooping has been a bit of a challenge. He has pooped in the potty but usually starts pooping somewhere else and then we catch him and take him to the potty. When we are out, he is really good about sneaking off and pooping in his underwear. I know I don't want to yell or make him feel bad or scare him, but I just can't figure out how to make him understand that it is not okay to go in your underwear. I'm open for any suggestions.
Finally, last night I could tell he had to go really bad so I took off his pants and underwear so he had no option and of course he ran in and went on the potty. Poor kid was hurting but we had a huge celebration and I think he is starting to get it. At least he is waking up dry from naps and night-time so we're pretty stoked about that!
On the Pepper front, she is starting to crawl backwards and has moved her hands in a forward direction. She rocks a lot on her knees so it should be any day now!
Here's a video of her progress:




3 comments:
I haven't a clue with the poop in the potty...sorry! But way to go, Pepper! I seriously wanna be in your ward and playgroup!
You have such fun playgroups. Then I thought, but we can go to the park year round, so why not take advantage of that! So that is our playgroup. The pooping thing is a challenge. Jane now poops on the potty all the time, but if it's a scared thing, you can try giving him the option of pooping in a diaper, but that he needs to tell you when he needs it. That worked great for Jane. No accidents. We just always gave her a choice and then finally she really wanted to use the Nemo wipes and she pooped on the potty. Exciting for Pepper. I love those pj's.
(Once again, it's Jill not Kevin)
Successful BM's in the potty was always the hardest part for my boys. And since I can't stand and gag at the smell of poo-I make them clean it up themselves. I don't yell, I just talk about how the poopoo spot is on the potty and anywhere else is messy and we don't want to be messy and our house to smell bad. Then they clean it up (with my assistance of course). After that, I make them "practice" going to the potty 10x. It's a muscle memory thing for the boys and it works. I've got 2 down and 2 more to go! Good luck!
Post a Comment