One day I will figure out an easy way to put pictures in the order I want again, but until that day here you go. Morgan's first day of kindergarten was a week ago on Wednesday, August 29th. Just a few days before we found out Morgan was accepted for open enrollment to go to King Elementary School. It is a bit of a long story that I'm too tired to tell now. But suffice it to say that through a little persistance and determination on my part, the overwhelming kindness of the two women in the open enrollment office and some good luck, Morgan got into a better school and we are all very happy.
 |
| Before we found out about the new school, Morgan went to the kindergarten orientation at the school he was supposed to attend. This was the only shot I got of that. Awesome, I know! |
 |
My attempt to do something clever with the chalkboard.
We'll try for a better shot next time:) |
 |
Much better facial expression.
Such a little man. |
 |
| I have always said how I couldn't wait for my kids to start school. I am still very excited for Morgan to go to kindergarten, especially all-day kindergarten, but watching this nice teacher walk Morgan into the school was not easy at all. I just thought how small he looked and started to worry about him getting lost or confused and I would not be there to help him. I told some friends here my worries and they all stated, "If there's one kid we're not worried about its Morgan!" And true to form, Morgan loved school and had a great first day with no problems whatsoever. |
My parents wanted to get Morgan an LL Bean backpack for school, a tradition in our family, so I let Morgan pick out his backpack online. He was very excited when it finally came. He asked us to sing to him before he opened it, here's that video:
 |
| A very proud big school boy! |
 |
I found this interview on Pinterest and thought I'd give it to Morgan.
Getting Morgan to describe himself was a bit hard but very funny. |
 |
His uniform and new shoes laid out, per Morgan's request, the night before.
Akron Public School District has a uniform policy for k-8 grade and only all-day kindergarten. We also get free breakfast and lunch everyday. All fine by me! |
 |
| Checking on my little man the night before his big day. |
 |
Another idea from Pinterest, was a 1st day of school gift for the teacher.
It was a Teacher Survivial Kit, a pencil case full of little things the teacher might need. |
 |
| Morgan really liked that he had something special to give his teacher. |
A night or so before we left on our Utah trip, Morgan ran upstairs while I was giving his sisters a bath to tell me that his tooth was loose. I was very surprised but told him that it would probably be that way for a little while and that maybe by the time we got to Grandma's house it would fall out. Well, he went back downstairs very pleased with himself. Fifteen or so minutes later, Morgan came slowly upstairs with a traumatized look on his face. He walked into the bathroom and opened his hand. He had pulled his own tooth out and didn't seem to know quite how to feel about the whole thing. I had no idea we were even close to this major event so I was completely unprepared. I tried to make a big deal about it and get him excited for the Tooth Fairy. Luckily, Cody was better prepared and has a small stockpile of dollar gold coins for just this purpose.
 |
| One handsome little guy. |
 |
| Very proud of his new whole. |
 |
| I didn't have a tooth fairy pillow so we used a medicine cup on his window sill. Turns out the Tooth Fairy had no problem finding him and Morgan was very pleased with his gold coin and candy bar. |
Our firstborn is growing up so fast! Morgan can definitely be a handful but I am so proud to be his mother. He is so smart and has a great imagination. He can be very tender and caring when he feels like it and he is a fantastic big brother. He is so brave and has an amazing ability to reason. He is doing a great job with kindergarten thus far. I hope he always keeps his enthusiasm for school and learning!
1 comment:
fun pictures. We are so excited to see you guys soon. Thanks for posting so much. I love looking at all the pictures.
Post a Comment