Monday, August 19, 2013

Neu's 50th Wedding Anniversary Party

Bro. Robert Neu and Sis. Clara Neu have been a big part of my life since I was about 5 years old. Their  old farm house in New Jersey was like a second home to me and I loved spending hours playing in their basement, running around in the scary woods behind their house or having endlessly patient, Sis. Neu try to teach me piano. Our Eatontown Ward was the closest-knit ward I have ever known and despite the fact I have not lived or even seen some of these people since I was 11 years old, they are all like family to me. When my parents told me about the Neu's 50th anniversary party in SLC on Saturday, August 3rd, I knew I had to go. Besides getting to see the Whaleys and other friends, I would be able to see ALL of the Neus again and tell them how much they meant to my family. My parents decided it would be fun to surprise everyone also, so no one besides Mesha and Sharon knew we were coming. My dad was the bishop of the Eatontown Ward for a few of the years we were there and Bro. Neu was his counselor. We love this family!

Bob sharing some thoughts about his amazing parents.

Laurent and Kerrie with Bob's wife (I will not even attempt to spell her name because I will never get it right.)

Jon's oldest son with Jeff, Sharon and Ben (Sharon's husband.)

The family dancing.

Forever friends.
Why do I never have a picture with two friends where one of them is closer to my height?! Too funny!

The Payson house girls together again...plus Cash.
Sis. Gunderson NEVER disappoints!
She is truly a unique individual.
The Hawkins family with Jon dancing in the background.
Mesha and Dylan getting ready for the big night out.
I love lil baby boys in suits. They always look like little bald waiters.
Such a beautiful, proud mommy!


This picture just makes me want to hug Sis. Neu again. Seriously the nicest person on the planet!
My parents and the back of Sis. Whaley's head.
There were a few tears shed when my parents arrived and everyone calling my dad "Bishop" made me very nostalgic.
Lots of yummy food.
Love these two.
Kurt with his girls and Scott's son, Peyton.


Jeff with his cute pregnant wife, Erica (no idea how that one is spelled either.)



Gerry dancing with his mom.
Bro. Neu dancing with Gerry's wife, Jon with sister, Emilie and a few of her 10 kids.



The beautiful Wollenziens!
Bob talking with a nursing Chamaine and Kurt, holding a sleepy, Ellie.
Kurt and Kelley took all the kids home, except for Cash, so Mesha, Chamaine and I could stay and chat as long as we wanted. It was awesome to spend that much time talking with everyone!
We were also excited to see Sis. Pat Shaw and other friends from New Jersey.


Good buddies, Jeff and Scott.

Some more shots of us because we look so cute all dolled up!


It was fun to see all the cousins playing together, especially since Sharon and her siblings had no cousins growing up because their parents were both only children. All together there were I believe 28 cousins (minus 3 boys on missions) and 1 on the way. Such a blessing! They were all color coordinated by family and it was fun trying to figure out which kids belonged to which parents.
Gerry admiring little Cash. 
We all had not-so-secret crushes on Gerry when we were little, especially Chamaine:)



I love this picture!
Chamaine is so beautiful and so happy!
I love this picture, too!
Even more so because the sleeping baby Jon is holding is his niece.
These two were a vision of love and happiness!
They were both smiling from ear to ear and dancing around and playing with all the kids. I love their passion for life! I'm so glad I got to see them again and spend a lot of time chatting with Jon.
It was funny at first because most of Sharon's older brothers knew they should know me but couldn't quite figure out who I was until I told them I was a Goodier girl. Then their faces lit up with recognition and big hugs all around. They couldn't believe I had flown all the way from Ohio for their party. It was totally worth it!

My parents came to see their friends and stayed for the dancing!
I got to dance with my dad, too. A treat for me!
Emilie and her husband, whose name escapes me right now.
They were great dancers and so cute together.
They also never seemed phased or upset by all the chaos. Amazing!
Mom chatting with Laurent. We told him how much we love looking for him singing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir every General Conference. His smiling face always lights up the room!
As I'm writing this, we just found out some very sad news regarding this amazing family. It is always hard to find the right words to express your feelings at times like this. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. We love and admire this family. I know they helped shape my childhood, along with the rest of our Eatontown Ward family and I am a better person because I have known them. The Neus are family to me. I know Heavenly Father is watching over them and will continue to strengthen and bless them. I am so, so glad I was able to go to this party and celebrate with all of them.

No comments: