Saturday, September 20, 2014

We Made It a Decade!

Thursday, the 18th of September marked the 10th anniversary of the day Cody and I got married. 
We've always said we would do something big for our 10th anniversary but since Truly would not really cooperate with anything major this year, we've decided to do something big for 10+1. We even decided not to get each other presents and just to go out to dinner one night and a movie another night. I woke up the morning of the 18th and had completely forgotten about the whole thing until I came downstairs and saw the family room walls. Cody had printed out 100 reasons why he loves me. It was an awesome surprise! Cody is such an amazing husband and I am so grateful to be sealed to him for all eternity. I would not have made it through these past few months with Truly without his love and support!



He also gave me a beautiful card and some dark chocolate kisses.

Feeling a little guilty about not getting him anything or making some grand romantic gesture (I even went out that night for Moms Night Out with my momsclub...oops,) I decided to make Cody a cake to help celebrate.
It had a peach/mango filling which I knew Cody would love. The kids were less than impressed but liked the frosting.
The next night, Friday, we took the kids to dinner at Swensons and then went to the park to eat. It took forever to get our food; all the kids were going crazy and Truly was screaming. Cody and I just looked at each other and had to laugh at our glamorous life. It may be a little crazy but at least we have each other.

After Truly was in bed on Friday, we left the rest of the kids with Sis. Kary Lewis and went out to dinner at a new place called the Blue Door After Dark. It is a bakery during the day but 3 nights a week it opens again at night and is an amazing restaurant. The ambiance is not that fancy but the food is amazing. The chef only makes a few things in  5 course categories. Cody and I each chose 3 things and were very happy with our meals. This is my tomato salad.
We both chose a pork tenderloin main course. Super yummy.
Cody's lemon souffle with blueberry sauce.
This was my favorite. A poached fig with a raspberry crumble. Oh my goodness this was delicious!!!

No comments: