Sunday, October 25, 2015

Walsh Farms

On Friday, October 23rd, the kids had another day off of school. So, I volunteered to host a Momsclub outing to Walsh Farms in Doylestown. It was a beautiful morning to be out enjoying some more fall fun. Now, that the kids are bigger this farm is not quite as much fun for them but we still had a good time. I just think next time I will either try somewhere new or pick a day when the older kids are in school.
Once again, the first pictures are from the camera.
Truly doing her best to fall out of another hay ride.
The older kids sat up front with their friends.
My friend, Kacey Yates-Gable, was out of town on a cruise, so her MIL brought the kids to the farm. I was asked to take pictures for them. 
Morgan and Dean Gable. Dean was sporting Morgan's old beloved hoodie. I love being able to pass our stuff on to friends and inherit our friend's used items as well. Recycling at its best!
Penny Adams and her three girls.
Ah, picturesque power lines.

These pictures do not do justice to how pretty this tree-lined lane was.

She's just so darn cute.
Looking back at the farm from across the field.
My iphone photos:

When we got to the farm we saw about a dozen bunnies hopping all over the place. The farmer said we were allowed to hold them, if we could catch them. Well, for the next half hour, Pepper did nothing else besides hunt down these bunnies. She was starting to get very upset that she could not catch one and refused to do anything else until she held one. I finally relented and helped her capture one. The farmer said this beast of a bunny was the easiest to catch so I went after it. With Pepper's help we finally caught it. Pepper proceeded to carry this gigantic bunny around for another 20 minutes. She was so proud and happy. Now, she wants a bunny!



Pepper carried the bunny around to show all the other kids and let them pet it. Truly was not impressed or at all interested in getting close to the bunny. Hazel petted it but did not want to hold it either.
Morgan and Dean in the big corn box play area.
Truly and Zoey Maier. These two are 4 months apart with Zoey being older.
Adorable and horrific at the same time.

Still doesn't do it justice!
After our fun at the farm, we drove over to Smucker's to have lunch with Cody. This is always a highlight for the kids and I think Cody really enjoys showing off his little family. It's always chaos but adorable chaos, and luckily Smucker's is a family company and everyone just loves the kids.
With such a great cafeteria there is always lots of yummy food for everyone to eat.

"Another fun, beautiful fall morning here in Ohio. Took all the kids to Walsh Farms since they had the day off of school. This one was very happy to run free."
"Pepper has started a campaign lately for a white bunny for Christmas. I have already dashed those dreams but I did help her hunt down this beast at the farm. I could not get her to do anything else until she held one (there were about a dozen running around.) Maybe I'll just frame this picture and give it to her for Christmas!"
"Pepper made sure everyone else got to love the bunny, also. The babies had no desire to hold it but enjoyed seeing it."
"While everyone else is loving the real bunny, Hazel asks me to take a picture with her 'black bunny.' She played with this thing forever. I didn't have the heart to tell her I was pretty sure that was a demon ROUS (rodents of unusual size!)" 
"After the farm, we drove to Smucker's to have lunch with Cody. We always cause quite the stir with our crazy crew but we had a great time and enjoyed the yummy food!"

No comments: