So the other night Cody, Morgan and I were enjoying a quiet evening at home. I had just fed Morgan a hefty supper of rice cereal, apples & apricots and a vegetable turkey dinner. I ask Cody to take Morgan and entertain him while I cleaned up and got us ready to go for a walk. Cody decides the most fun idea would be to start throwing Morgan in the air above his head and jumping him up and down on his lap. I say, in the sweetest most supportive voice possible, "Honey, I don't think that's the best idea since he just ate." Cody continues. I've been trying to not micromanage Cody and Morgan's time together so I decide to back off and let them be. Cody decides one more flight up in the air... Morgan's stomach had other plans!


In the end I guess no one was truly hurt and since it didn't actually make it into Cody's mouth I supposse he'll still want to play with his son. I must admit I had a hard time controlling the "I told you so" voice over playing in my head but with Morgan's big grin it was just hard not to laugh at poor Cody.
4 comments:
WOW! I'm sure glad this made it on to our blog! Lovely. I was paying attention to Beth (sometimes she doesn't think so) and I really like to see him smile and laugh when he is "flying." It's always the last time you do something you get burnt... very similar to finding somthing in the last place you look... only, in this case, it's warm and smells like squash.
Lets EAT!
I have to admit that I am a little grossed out by that and entertained at the same time. Ah, parenthood.
that's just gross! lol
The same thing happens when Cody throws Margaret up in the air at the office.
Post a Comment