Happy Birthday to Me
Happy Birthday to Me
Happy Birthday dear, Beth
Happy Birthday to ME!
Since this is really my blog I guess I have to give a shout out to myself. I am 29 today and feeling pretty good about life. A few years ago I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish before I turned 29 since that would almost be 30. Surprisingly enough I did accomplish many things on the list; I got married, have at least one child, live in a big city and finished my Masters degree. Sadly my french is still not great and I didn't write the 3 short stories I was supposed to but all in good time!
Since this is really my blog I guess I have to give a shout out to myself. I am 29 today and feeling pretty good about life. A few years ago I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish before I turned 29 since that would almost be 30. Surprisingly enough I did accomplish many things on the list; I got married, have at least one child, live in a big city and finished my Masters degree. Sadly my french is still not great and I didn't write the 3 short stories I was supposed to but all in good time!Yesterday Cody took off work early and thanks to the cooperation of some lovely friends, we were able to run away to NJ by ourselves for the evening. Cody took me to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. It was delicious as always. Then onto a quick trip to Target...always a treat. After that we jetted down to Monmouth County to attend the wedding open house of my great childhood friend Sharon.
It was great to see Sharon and Ben and catch up with some old Eatontown Ward friends. There has never been another ward in my life where the friendships have run as deep as this one (Harlem 1st I am sure will run a very close second!). My family has been best friends with these families since I was in kindergarten. We all attend each others celebrations whether in Utah, NJ or wherever we have wandered. I am so very grateful that we have all remained so close. It doesn't matter if we see each other once a year or once every decade or so, we all care for each other and keep in touch through the ever growing grapevine. Congrats again to Sharon and Ben and I hope they have a wonderful, beautiful life in Ohio!
It was great to see Sharon and Ben and catch up with some old Eatontown Ward friends. There has never been another ward in my life where the friendships have run as deep as this one (Harlem 1st I am sure will run a very close second!). My family has been best friends with these families since I was in kindergarten. We all attend each others celebrations whether in Utah, NJ or wherever we have wandered. I am so very grateful that we have all remained so close. It doesn't matter if we see each other once a year or once every decade or so, we all care for each other and keep in touch through the ever growing grapevine. Congrats again to Sharon and Ben and I hope they have a wonderful, beautiful life in Ohio!I have many more things to catch up on but my laundry is almost done and my son is almost up...yep that's right I lead a very exciting life on my birthday!
Enjoy my b-day everyone!

8 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Happy Birthday! Hope it was a good one.
Happy, happy birthday, Beth. I'm glad we got to chat a little this afternoon. I made through JoAnn's without getting too wet. I hope the rest of your day was great! Enjoy 29 because 30 comes all too quickly and then when someone asks how old you are you have to stop and think and say 30! When did that happen? Anyway, I digressed. Happy Birthday!!!!
Happy Birthday! Glad you got a night out on the town with your sweetheart. You look great and definitely happy. Not to mention the dessert sure looks delicious. It's inspiring to see you've reached your goals and have a few more to work on. Keep it up and enjoy the journey.
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I would have enjoyed it a bit more if my baby girl could have shared it with you...oh well.
you look GORGEOUS in that first pictures...absolutely glowing. How have you been 'feeling'?
I like that you wished yourself a happy birthday - good for you! I am excited to see you...p.s. GREAT pic of you!
I talked to you on your Birthday and didn't even remember! I am sooooo sorry! Happy belated bday! It was so good to talk to you! I love you girl!
I can't believe I didn't wish you a happy birthday! I am a huge jerk of a friend! I am so sorry. Happy Happy Belated Birthday!?!? With my sincerest of apologies. I must have been a little pre-occupied at the time. Glad to see you got to celebrate. And it was so good to see you guys! Thanks for coming to the party. We'll have to make our way down to NY to come visit so Ben can get to know you guys better.
Post a Comment