Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Monkey Loose in the City

So here's the moment you've all been waiting for...TADA
Morgan the Monkey!
This year for Halloween Morgan was once again lucky enough to have his Grandma Adams make him a beautiful, amazing costume! We decided to go with a monkey because it was super cute and seemed most fitting for our crazy little guy.
Morgan's one complaint was the difficulty sitting down. He got over this quickly, however, and even managed to sit in his stroller with the tail and never complain. He also never tried to take the headpiece off, which still amazes me...I'm beginning to doubt next year we'll be so lucky but I'm sure we'll tempt our luck anyway!
Our Harlem 1st Ward held its annual Halloween party the Saturday before Halloween and we all had quite a blast. I am on the activities committee so we arrived early to help set up. Morgan never stopped running and dancing from the moment we entered the gym. Towards the end of the evening he was so sweaty and bright red, that we decided to take off his costume. His whole body was bright pink and wet but once he was changed he bounded off again. That kid goes wild for his music! (I don't think the new found love of M&Ms hurt either...thanks Minde:)
Some of Morgan's close friends. Harper as a Pink Lady.
Chase as a cowboy with the cutest little chaps!
Eliot was a very handsome Native American.
All of the children did a little parade with their costumes on. Cody and Morgan were supposed to be the leaders but lost half the group rather quickly. But really no one cares since it is just fun to see all the little ones dressed up. Check out Cyra as a soccer princess. Too cute!
On Halloween I took Morgan down to visit Cody at work and to show off his adorable costume. Since Morgan is the unofficial mascot of the office, he got quite a reception. Everyone declared how cute he was and then proceeded to help him fill his pumpkin bucket to the brim. Morgan had no real idea what he was putting in his bucket but loved the game anyway.
Morgan abandoned his bucket to play a fun game of peek-a-boo with one of Cody's coworkers.
Cody and his cubicle buddies won best decorations. They are four guys who call themselves the "Dude Ranch." They all dressed up like construction workers and went all out over their area.
Morgan approved of the construction theme and donated his tools for the project.

Before we went into our building that evening, we took Morgan to the corner bodega (another name for the convenience stores here in Spanish Harlem) and let him Trick or Treat. Once again he enjoyed putting things in his bucket but had no real idea what we were doing.

Examining his stash!

Everything looks better once it has been dumped on the floor and spread about. Some of the people gave him little dinosaurs, which is, I'm pretty sure, what Morgan is after.
Although we were a little behind posting this, we had a great Halloween once again. A great big "Thank You!" goes to Cody's mom for the beautiful costume. We are so thankful to have her talents and willingness to help in our family! We are also grateful to our wonderful friends here in NYC that make every holiday a joyous occasion.

5 comments:

Jill and Kevin said...

So cute. I loved the costume. Morgan is such a good sport! Cody looked great too. How fun! Jane got the whole candy thing this year. Just wait!

The Lindsays said...

I can't believe your MIL made that costume, it is adorable! I love Halloween.

Jones said...

your mother in law is seriously talented!! I remember last years costume too...does she want to adopt a few more 'grandkids' next Halloween? hee hee

Wanderingfamilies said...

I still am amazed at the talent of Sister Adams! Morgan is the cutest monkey out there! I was just thinking: how did we not eat any of his candy?! But then I remembered we were already gone...boo!

Lara said...

Morgan is soooo cute! I love that costume! It IS great to have amazing mothers!