Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year and here go the pictures...

Okay, so here goes nothing. We are trying to get back into the swing of things after a wonderfully long and enjoyable Christmas break with Cody's family in Virgin, UT. All of his family was there, in one house (that's 18 people in total), and yes we all survived. Actually, it was surprisingly easy and unchoatic much to the hosting skills of Cody's parents and their big beautiful home. Since I have a ton of catch up blogging to do, I've picked highlighted pictures from different events over the past few weeks and will put a slide show of all the pictures, for those who care, at the end. Get comfy and enjoy!

A few days before we left for Utah our great friend Kiasa opened her house for the stay-at-home mom's to get together and have a waffle eating play date before we all split for the holidays. It was fabulous, yummy and such a great idea. Thanks so much for being you Kiasa!

The kids, moms and goodies.

Eliot's smile just melts your heart!


Tedrah's curls could do the same!


The beautiful hostesses, Kiasa and Bella.

In the week before we left for Utah, Cody's old mission companion, roommate and friend, Mike Smallwood came to visit for a few days. Unfortunately I managed to get no pictures of Mike but I got some cute ones of Morgan:) Here's Morgan chowing down on some cantalope...this kid loves his fruit!


We took Mike down to Times Square and of course had to stop at the Hershey store so I could restock on some necessities...yes dark chocolate cocoa powder, syrup and hot chocolate are necessities! Here's Morgan turning the wheel to get some chocolate!

Christmas came a little early at our house because we wanted to see what clothes we got in case we wanted to take them on vacation. Morgan has definitely gotten the hang of this opening presents thing!


Crazy hair, Halloween pajamas but great smile!

Here's a little video of our early Christmas...


We luckily got to hang out with Cody's parents by ourselves for the first few and last few days of our vacation. Morgan loved running around Grandma's big house, playing with her cute (and very understanding) dog Kuzi, and driving Papa's truck. However, Grandma's big tub was a little intimidating!

Luckily, he had great cousins to join him the rest of the time!

Self portrait at 22 weeks.

Cody's maternal grandma, Grandma Jean, has made endless amounts of matching Christmas stockings for her entire extended family and then some. Here are all eighteen of our matching stockings. What a beautiful sight to behold!

Family pics on Christmas Eve!


23 weeks

We had a surprisingly white Christmas for southern Utah!

Morgan and his cousin Lyssa had unplanned matching Christmas pajamas. (my camera was accidentally on the night setting) Beautifully choatic Christmas morning.

A quick video of our festivities...



Morgan woke everyday with the same mantra, "car, car, truck, truck?!" All said while waving his hands around like he's driving an invisible steering wheel. He became an escape artist trying to get to the garage at every possible moment and spent endless hours happily sitting behind the wheel of any vehicle someone would allow him to sit in. Needless to say he misses the truck almost as much as he misses Grandma and Papa!
Eventually, Cody would take him for little trips around the neighborhood and started letting Morgan practise his future driving skills.

This is the face of pure joy!

And here's the video to prove our perfect parenting decisions...



Friday morning we had a special treat and all the adults were able to leave the kids at home and go to the St. George temple together to do sealings. It was a wonderfully spiritual high for all of us and one that we will never forget. Thank you again for the idea Mom and Dad!

Joanna, Khan, Mom, Dad, Katie, Bruce, Me and Cody

All of the grandkids...thus far!
Back row: Theron, Alan, Kegan, Karissa
Middle row: Tiffany, William, Mandie, Morgan
Front row: Suzie and Lyssa

The youngest Adams family

The Croxalls

The older Adams family
(yes that is Cody's older brother Khan for those of you who cannot see the family resemblence)
The whole crazy gang

On Sunday night, after putting Morgan to bed, Cody and I jetted up to Happy Valley to say hello to some other family members (well, close enough to family anyway). We spent Monday playing with our favorite people Kurt, Chamaine, Baby Ansley, Mesha and Kelley. Here's a great pic of Chamaine, Ansley and I. Thanks for letting us come and visit and for being some of the greatest people we know!

On New Year's Eve, thanks to the support of my wonderful mother-in-law, I finally bit the bullett and took Morgan for his first haircut. It was very hard to say good-bye to the those beautiful crazy curls but it had to be done.

Morgan was super chill from the beginning and even more so when they gave him a sucker. I on the otherhand was less calm! (This is a totally candid shot, I had no idea I was making that face, she really did a great job but I guess a mother is always nervous for their kids!)

Thank you Grandma for making our baby look like a Big Boy!

Later that day we took a late afternoon walk in Zion's National Park.

Three generations of Adams men strolling along.

Happy New Year's Day to everyone!

Morgan strutting about the house with his new do!


Man those ears stick out a lot more without all that hair!

Also, on New Year's Day Cody and his dad took me shotgun shooting. I was suppossed to go to throw the skeet but too bad they brought a weakling with them, I did a horrible job and was soon replaced by a more experience frontiersman.

Cody showing off his skills.

The shotgun was a little heavy for me but I actually did pretty good with the lever action 22 (yep, I had to ask Cody just now what I was shooting).

Us in all our shooting glory. It was very muddy, hence the rolled up pants. What a way to ring in the new year...I don't think southern Utah got the memo on tightening gun control Obama, there were a lot of us out that day!

In case you still care, here are the rest of our holiday pics. Enjoy! We hope you all had magical and safe holidays yourself and we can't wait to read all about them.

Much love from the Adams for this great New Year!


5 comments:

junebug said...

I noticed on Sunday that your baby was suddenly a little boy! He looks so handsome with his new haircut. And his curls are still sweet.

Jill and Kevin said...

I love his new haircut. He is such a cutie. It looks like you had a great time and took some fun pictures.

Jester 7 said...

Glad to see you are back, we did some sealings at the St. George Temple too. Kim and I sat in that waiting room on the 3rd floor for about a half and hour waiting and just enjoying the moment.

Thanks again for the cool knife. I have used it many times already to make kindling. Showing your dad you dont need lighter fluid to light a fire in the fire place.
Cheers,
mike

Wanderingfamilies said...

Oh my heck! I cannot believe how much older he looks with his new haircut! He is still adorable! I love that you went shooting 24 weeks prego...perhaps I should remind you of what my doc told me, "you should think of pregnancy as a disability because there are some things you shouldn't do"...just a thought! j/k You look great! It is always the most fun to see you guys - and you know, you're our favorites, too!

Lara said...

I am glad that you could do so many fun things over the holidays. Morgan's hair cut makes him look all grown up. It was probably so hard to see all of that beautiful hair go. I love you face in that picture! That is great.