Since it is the middle of winter and there is not a whole lot to do around here, (I should clarify for a pregnant mom with no money and no car) not much has been going on. We spend most days trying to figure out how to entertain ourselves in our little apartment. However, last Wednesday we had the fun opportunity to visit some friends in Brooklyn. Brian is one of Cody's great friends, old mission companions and roommate in college. He lives in Brooklyn with his wife Linsey and their cute little baby girl Ivy.
Morgan sporting some festive headgear.
It was not Ivy's favorite night but Brian seems to be enjoying himself.
Linsey and Ivy. Sorry it's out of focus but you get the idea of how cute they are. We had a great time eating yummy food and catching up. Thanks for making us trek all the way to Brooklyn guys!
This past Saturday we decided we had had enough of staying inside and ventured down to the Upper East Side and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It's not quite as kid friendly as the Natural History Museum but it's big and open with lots of hallways, stairs and things to look at and it's pay what you want so bonus for people with no money!This was how Morgan enjoyed the museum, eating fishy crackers in the lobby!
Luckily, we discovered they have an exhibit right now on musical instruments. It was perfect. Morgan spent a good hour checking out all of the guitars, pianos, horns and drums. Of course he wanted to play everything but he was content to just look as well.
The next big bonus came in the museum's gift shop children's section. They had instruments on display that the kids could play with. Well, Morgan set himself up with a nice little one-man-band situation and entertained everyone for a good half hour!
And this is why the theme for his 2nd birthday party will be music!
Luckily, we discovered they have an exhibit right now on musical instruments. It was perfect. Morgan spent a good hour checking out all of the guitars, pianos, horns and drums. Of course he wanted to play everything but he was content to just look as well.
The next big bonus came in the museum's gift shop children's section. They had instruments on display that the kids could play with. Well, Morgan set himself up with a nice little one-man-band situation and entertained everyone for a good half hour!
And this is why the theme for his 2nd birthday party will be music! Let's just hope I can pull off the guitar cake so it resembles something like a guitar!
Cold, snowy days equal a lot of movie watching in our home. The flavor of the day is "Woody" or Toy Story 2, which we have watched repeatedly. Got to love free rentals from the library! Morgan has discovered how to watch movies in style and comfort. Only one shoe necessary! (Don't worry Gramma Goodier he doesn't always sit this close!)
On MLK's birthday we had another snowstorm so we spent most of the day indoors. After Morgan's nap we decided a walk was in order. Since it has been awhile since we visited our favorite Harlem Meer we ventured west.
Morgan has been strongly declaring his independence and opinions lately. So don't judge us too harshly by the fact that our child has no raincover, hat or gloves on in freezing weather. Hey at least he's got a coat! Luckily, after this picture he started eating fishy crackers and let us slip the raincover down. I swear I'm not ready for these terrible twos...when are they old enough to be reasoned with?!
This duck made me feel like a wimp for staying inside so much!

Our corner. Cody took these two pictures from our bedroom window.
When we got home from our walk we tried to get Morgan to play in the snow.
The only way we could lure him was with a broom. This kid loves his janitorial equipment!
Well, that is a little snapshot into what we've been up to lately. Since hanging out inside watching movies, playing with toy cars and coloring aren't the most photogenic activities that's all we have to offer. I hope everyone is enjoying these cold winter days and staying warm.
Cold, snowy days equal a lot of movie watching in our home. The flavor of the day is "Woody" or Toy Story 2, which we have watched repeatedly. Got to love free rentals from the library! Morgan has discovered how to watch movies in style and comfort. Only one shoe necessary! (Don't worry Gramma Goodier he doesn't always sit this close!)
On MLK's birthday we had another snowstorm so we spent most of the day indoors. After Morgan's nap we decided a walk was in order. Since it has been awhile since we visited our favorite Harlem Meer we ventured west.
Morgan has been strongly declaring his independence and opinions lately. So don't judge us too harshly by the fact that our child has no raincover, hat or gloves on in freezing weather. Hey at least he's got a coat! Luckily, after this picture he started eating fishy crackers and let us slip the raincover down. I swear I'm not ready for these terrible twos...when are they old enough to be reasoned with?!
This duck made me feel like a wimp for staying inside so much!

Our corner. Cody took these two pictures from our bedroom window.
When we got home from our walk we tried to get Morgan to play in the snow.
The only way we could lure him was with a broom. This kid loves his janitorial equipment!
Well, that is a little snapshot into what we've been up to lately. Since hanging out inside watching movies, playing with toy cars and coloring aren't the most photogenic activities that's all we have to offer. I hope everyone is enjoying these cold winter days and staying warm. Oh and happy Obama Inaugaration Day.
We're celebrating by not watching any news programs and pretty much ignoring the whole thing, yep we are exciting people I know!
We're celebrating by not watching any news programs and pretty much ignoring the whole thing, yep we are exciting people I know!

7 comments:
Morgan looks so grown up! And Ivy is an adorable baby! Fun!
Loved your post! Such a cute picture of your little one man band. As for the gloves, I can't judge...Ethan was just like Morgan. He would REFUSE to wear gloves and hats last year and then freeze. This year he's much better so there's hope for your little Morgan. As for reasoning with kids...I'm beginning to think that doesn't happen until they have children of their own! I think I might venture out on a walk with the kids as well...it really is beautiful in the winter.
Oh I love the pics of him playing in the snow. I need to get Addy to go play in the snow. That's a pivotal childhood thing that I'm afraid the city kids are missing.
1. Your hair looked so beautiful on Sunday that I could hardly take my eyes off of you.
2. Your life may not seem exciting to you, but it is way more interesting than certain desk jobs I know of [have].
3. Is that Elder Morris? What a cute family he has.
Hey Beth, I found your blogspot on your facebook info. I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog list so that I can check back in on your adorable little family. Looks like life is treating you all well!
Cute pictures. I love how bundled up you look and Cody looks like it's just a brisk fall day. Classic! Morgan is such a cutie. Everytime I see pictures I just hear him bustling around and laughing. So fun.
Post a Comment