Monday, August 24, 2009

Florida Zoo Trips

The kids and I are back in Ohio now and loving all the Daddy time. Morgan spent the last few days saying "In ten minutes, go see Daddy." Ten minutes is his new stalling technique; everything happens in his mind in ten minutes.

We had a fabulous time with my family and friends. Morgan LOVED all the time he got to play with his cousins and continues to ask about them daily...along with Gramma.

This is the first of many installements of our outings. It was too much to do it all in one post so here goes: To pass the time until we returned home to Daddy, we spent two days going to the Brevard Zoo with Gramma, Auntie Kim, Auntie Jill and the youngest cousins who weren't already in school (yes, Florida schools started August 8th).
Ben (Kim's youngest) and Morgan were to afraid to hold the cups and let the birds land on them but Gramma did just fine.

However, they loved the birdie popsicles.

By far the fattest alligator I've ever seen.

Ben and Jane (Jill's oldest) and my old Magic Nursery doll.

The Florida humidity does not agree with Morgan's internal thermometer. He runs on constant boiling hot!

Pepper runs the same way (I guess they take after their Daddy). She was a little sweaty so my mom decided to cool her off with some cold grapes.

Sweet Alice (Jill's youngest daughter)

The stroller brigade, minus Morgan who refused to be in the picture and thus distracted most of the kids.

The zoo has set up a new area for the kids called "Paws On." It has a petting zoo, indoor science/vet area, playground made like a giant block of dirt complete with ant tunnels and giant bugs, and a water area. The kids had a blast in the water area.

Auntie Jill holds Pepper up in her beautiful bathing suit from her Auntie Chamaine.

There's a huge whale's mouth with a slide inside.


The little ones. It took a lot of coaxing but we finally got them in the frame together.

The last day we were there we decided we had so much fun the first time that we went back again. This time Mikayla (Kim's fourth child and only girl) stayed home from pre-school and came with us.
The second stroller brigade. This time Morgan is in the picture but hiding his face in the background. What a party pooper this one!

Morgan was desperate to see the fish tank up close but was a little afraid of crossing the deeper parts on his own. They had a painting of a sting ray on the ground and Morgan refused to go near it. Gotta love my super white legs.


Pepper just loved it!
Life is rough for these guys! It cracked me up that they made a designated nursing area and then completely set it in the woods. There wasn't even a covering, good thing it was a cloudy day.

5 comments:

JoshandJen said...

Your pictures are so cute, I love the one of Pepper and the grapes on her head, and the one of Morgans cheeks so red,that is how Daniel and Justin get too, fire red cheeks. That cracks me up about the nursing area in the woods, I have never seen that before, but it didn't look very secluded :O
I am glad you guys are back home!

Sarah said...

Hey Beth I found your blog on Jenn's! I can only imagine how hot and humid Florida is in August! That zoo looks like so much fun though! I'm loving those kiddie lawn chairs! and what cute little kiddos!!

Sarah said...

oh p.s. our blog is thewhitmans.blogspot.com

I'm not sure why it isn't showing up on my profile.

Kevin said...

Loved all the pictures. Fun times together. We miss you guys and are excited to come see you again in a few weeks. Jane, of course, wants to hold Pepper, oh and she named her babydoll Pepper!

JIll

jamiegilson said...

My favorite pictures are the stroller brigades. Calvin loved it too screaming "strollers." Boy that sure isn't the zoo I remember. What a fun thing to add especially in hot and humid Florida. I can't believe they made those kids start school Aug. 8th. There's still plenty of summer going on down there.