Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Great-Grandpa Goodier and the Beach

One of the great things about visiting my family in Florida each year is going to visit my Grandpa Goodier and Inez in St. Augustine. My Grandpa is an amazingly vibrant 91 years old and still going strong. We had a great conversation about his bridge group and how he's slightly frustrated with the players that can't quite keep up!
He amazes me!
I couldn't wait to have him hold Pepper.
Is that not the sweetest picture?
I don't think I could have ever planned a picture as perfect as this one!


Uncle Kevin, helping Jane hold Pepper.
I'm glad to hear Jane is anxious to see Pepper again because I think Pepper will be happy to see her again. She was always very good while Jane was holding her or talking to her.
Alice, on the other hand...just kidding Jill!
Our 4 generation shot.
You can't tell from the angle of the shot and the droop of his shoulders but my Grandpa is 4 inches taller than my father. They had to make special beds and uniforms for him when he was in the military in WWII.

Sweet moment with Papa.

Jill's family with Grandpa and Papa.

Jill, Dad and Kim.
(Sorry for posting a picture of you guys in your bathing suits. I would kill you if you did the same to me but I thought it was a great picture.)
My family loves going to the beach together and playing in the waves.
We've taken our love to the next generation and are hoping they continue to love it as well.





What a fun day. Thanks family for letting us play with you!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time. I hate your sisters for having so many kids and being so skinny though! :)Miss you Beth!

Kevin said...

Alice is also excited to see Pepper! I know the feeling isn't mutual though! Don't worry, the picture actually was a good one in the swimsuits, rare. I love the picture of Grandpa and Pepper. I also like the one of Kevin, Jane, and Pepper.

Jill (I keep writing under Kevin's name)

jamiegilson said...

Love the pictures. Looks like so much fun. Your family looks great. It's always fun to see all the Goodier's.

Lara said...

Looks like you have had a fun and eventful summer. I lvoe the picture of your Grandpa and Pepper. So sweet.

JoshandJen said...

Oh my goodness Beth, that picture of Pepper and her great grandpa looking at eachother is so so cute, that is priceless! That one picture of you in the 4 generations picture is cute too, you look awesome and I like that flowered shirt you have on! It looks like it was an fun trip, but I am glad you are back!

Wanderingfamilies said...

It is so fun visiting your grandfather - does he still dance?! I am so jealous of how tan and great Kim looks - and she has had 5 children! UNFAIR! You look really cute, too...love your hair! Miss you SO much!