Sunday, November 15, 2009

Indian Summer

This Saturday the weather was too beautiful and warm to stay inside. We didn't want to spend any money so we headed over to a local park to take a walk, play and have a picnic.
Finding a bit of beautiful color amidst the brown.
Copley Community Park is a great place to take a walk.




Pepper and I watching Morgan and Cody play on the playground.
The sun was so warm we were getting November sunburns...not really but my-o-my it was a gorgeous day!

Cody's amateur photography moment.

When Morgan was a baby he had hardly any hair but this one long hair coming out of the middle of the top of his head. Pepper seems to take after her brother but her two long hairs come out of the left side of her head. I have bizarre but cute children!

Cody finding his inner child again.

Morgan following Daddy's big boy swing example.


My favorite little lady.

I am trying to sell our jogging stroller on craigslist and Morgan decided to model it for potential buyers. It brought back memories since our very first blog post and picture included a picture of Morgan as a baby going for a jog with Cody in Central Park. Oh how times have changed and flown by!
This weekend was Stake Conference and we got a new Stake President. We had two members of the Seventy here. Our ward choir was asked to do three musical numbers for today's session. I had to get there very early and sit up in the stand the whole time. Cody was a little nervous about taking care of both kids all on his own but luckily a great friend of ours, Katy, volunteered to help him, since her hubby was also singing in the choir. Morgan and Pepper love Katy so that helped a lot! Both kids were little angels and I was so grateful for both the mommy break and the great spiritual experience. We sang a version of the "Spirit of God Like a Fire is Burning" for the closing hymn and when we cut off on the final note you could feel the spirit so strong it was overwhelming. I am so grateful for my family and the gospel in our lives. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and calls faithful men and women to help guide not only His church on the earth but our individual lives. What an amazing day to be alive!

2 comments:

JoshandJen said...

That is funny, we went to Copley community park too on Sat. but we went around 12:30, we stayed for a while though, it was a beautiful day, Josh was actually starting to sweat playing with Justin and Natilie on the playground, the sun was just beating down on us that day, but I loved it! The choir did an excellent job singing on Sunday and I agree, I felt the same way with the Spirit of God, goose bumps all over, thank goodness we live in these days when the gospel has been restored!

Wanderingfamilies said...

Indian Summers are the best! Neat that you sang in the choir - something I have always wanted to do, but never have. Jogging strollers are fun, but now you need a Chariot since it is all-in-one...I use our strolling attachment for jogging and walks...and we just got the infant sling attachment for Maizy - I would go crazy if I couldn't go on my walks...I want to move close to you so WE can do couple and baby stuff together! Miss you!