Monday, February 1, 2010

Morgan's 3rd Birthday

Our little man turned the big 0-3 last Friday the 29th.

I cannot believe how much time has passed and then at the same time it seems like he has been with us forever! He has his frustrating moments but I am so proud of the big boy he has become. Every day he surprises me with some new skill or knowledge or funny new idea.
Grandma Adams sent him a birthday box filled with dinosaurs, dinosaur books and a handcrafted Batman costume. Morgan has never been really into dinosaurs but Grandma must have some grandmother intuition because now they are his favorite thing in life! Pepper helped us model the Batman ears.

Could there ever be a cuter Batgirl ever?!

Morgan sporting his new favorite look.
He insisted on wearing his new outfit to preschool and since it was his birthday I said it was okay. It was really funny sending Batman with a winter coat on under his cape off to school.
Here's a video of Morgan flying around as Batman. I got some of him dancing around too but Youtube is fighting with me right now:
Here's Morgan with his classmates Julia and Miranda.
Morgan loved having school on his birthday so that he could take cupcakes for everyone.
He even helped me frost them, which turned into a huge mess and really tested my control-freak issues!

That night we had some friends come over to stay with a sleeping Pepper while we took Morgan out for pizza, his choice, and then to Toys-R-Us so he could pick out a toy from Gramma Goodier. Morgan picked out a "James" train and some new tracks with a bridge. Luckily, there are cheaper tracks that work with "Thomas" trains and were 50%! Score!

That was Morgan's first time inside a toys store and he did great just looking and saying good-bye to all the toys. They gave him a crown and balloon and announced his name over the store speakers. It was very cute.

I have a funny picture of me turning 3 and holding up my fingers in a funny way trying to say I'm three. I decided to see what would happen when we asked Morgan to do the same thing. What you can't see is that his thumb is sticking out for the third finger. I count the ASL way and have taught Morgan to do the same.

"Happy Birthday to Morgan!"

Earlier that day Bat-Morgan was running around shooting everyone, which I thought was funny since Batman doesn't use guns. Semantics I guess.

Here's a pretty good shot of Pepper's teeth.
She now has all four on top and still two on the bottom.

More pictures of Pepper with the Batman hat, just because it's so darn cute!

Batman looks ready for bed!



Saturday morning Cody, Morgan and I all got our hair cut. We were all greatly overdue and looked much better for his party that afternoon.


I love my kids crooked smiles!


Sadly, I am positive my hair will never look this great again but a great big "Thank you" to Jen for doing such an amazing job and for babysitting on Friday!
I cannot wait till my hair fully grows out!
I will post pics and videos from his birthday party on Saturday later but for now I need to get Morgan ready for school and Pepper up.
Hope this helps for now Mesha?! heehee

4 comments:

Mesha said...

Thanks for the update. I had fun looking at them. We practically have the same haircut too. I'll tell Shep that you copied me! Miss you tons!

Jones said...

oooh, I'm LOVING your hair at this length & style!

well happy b-day to Morgan...it just went so fast!

Thatcher had a dinosaur themed b-day, he wasn't that into dinosaurs until I asked him a week before what kind of cake and all he wanted was a bown (brown) cake ...with dinosaurs. all of a sudden he is IN LOVE with dinosaurs! lol.

little Pepper is quite the cutie!

JoshandJen said...

Love the hair, it looks really cute on you!!!

Kevin said...

Morgan's hair looks good too. I love the batman outfit. I realized the capes I made are too narrow. next time, they'll drape over the shoulders. Too fun!

Jill