Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Morgan's Big Birthday Bash

Saturday,we celebrated Morgan's 3rd birthday by having a party at The Little Gym.
Before we had kids, Cody and I discussed what time of year we would like to have children. I always felt bad for the kids that had summer birthdays (like Cody) because people are always traveling during the summer and forgot their birthdays. So I purposefully have tried to have our kids during other seasons and so far it has worked out. However, I didn't take into consideration that having a child born during the winter months negates outside parties. And since our apartment isn't getting any bigger and Morgan and his friends are, we decided to find other accomodations. Luckily, the Little Gym worked out perfectly and I think everyone had a fabulous time despite the thirty minute drive.
Teacher Bill was a great party host and got all of the kids very excited to participate. The theme was trains so here the kids are doing a train behind Morgan.
Morgan loved showing off all the fun stuff he does during gym class to his friends.

Julia is such a sweetie but usually very shy and quiet.
I was amazed at how adventurous she was trying out all the different activities.
Great job Julia!
Mallory strutting her stuff.
Peter testing out the rings.
Justin walking on the balance beam.
Dominic's little sister, Natalie, helped us celebrate.
I was really glad we were under our 15 person limit so all of the siblings could participate in the fun.
Morgan and Jack surprisingly taking turns on the rings.
Morgan insisted on wearing his Batman costume to the party but we insisted on taking off the cape and head gear so he could play.

So turns out all of my friends here are pregnant. I didn't realize this until I was introducing them to the other teacher who is pregnant. Luckily, Hayley (green jacket) and Becky (Abby's mom) showed up and joined me in the non-pregnant catagory. Cody said there must be something in the RS refreshments:) Pepper and Cody (the lone father at the party) hung out in the waiting area during the festivities. Such a pink cutie! Heather, Jack's mommy, hanging out with Laura and her son David. Laura took most of these great pictures (the not so great ones are done by me).

3 comments:

JoshandJen said...

Super cute pictures, it was so much fun (even though Justin was cranky because I woke him up from his nap) Thank you so much for inviting us to the way awesome party! Happy Birthday Morgan!

Mesha said...

That really looked fun! I wish I could have been there, supporting the non-pregnant gals!

Kevin said...

So fun! Your hair looks great too, Beth.

Jill