On Monday, June 20th, I flew down to Florida so that my mom and I could drive a Uhaul truck back to Ohio. Our dear friend and neighbor, Brother Luce helped us pack and load the truck.
I kid you not, this wonderful man is a wizard when it comes to packing. He helped Cody and I load up our Uhaul before we moved to NYC and when I say help, I mean he broke into my parents garage and loaded the entire thing himself. That included a couch/sofa bed, a queen mattress and full size dresser. I have no idea how he does it all but it is fascinating to watch. Besides being an amazing mover, he is just an amazing person with an amazing family. We heart the Luces!
Bright and early Tuesday morning my mom and I set our for Akron. Once the Uhaul got up to speed we actually made some pretty great time. First stop was the Florida/Georgia border.
Gassing up in South Carolina.
We made it just inside the Virginia border before we called it a day. We stayed at a tiny little town called Hillsburg. We had a nice dinner at Shoney's and swam in the pool. Believe you me, I was living it up on my mini-kid-free-vacation:)
Our Holiday Inn Express.
Lunch break in West Virginia. I tried to surprise Cody by getting home early but he was so excited to see us that he kept checking in. I finally broke because I'm not that quick with calculating mileage but we made it home by Wednesday afternoon. Thanks so much for my wonderful friend, Becky for watching the kids on Monday and to our fantastic babysitter, Kristina for braving two days with a toddler and a preschooler. I was not that brave at 18! And a super big thanks to my wonderful husband for letting me do this. It was so fun to hang out with Mom and have a few kid-free days.
I kid you not, this wonderful man is a wizard when it comes to packing. He helped Cody and I load up our Uhaul before we moved to NYC and when I say help, I mean he broke into my parents garage and loaded the entire thing himself. That included a couch/sofa bed, a queen mattress and full size dresser. I have no idea how he does it all but it is fascinating to watch. Besides being an amazing mover, he is just an amazing person with an amazing family. We heart the Luces!
Bright and early Tuesday morning my mom and I set our for Akron. Once the Uhaul got up to speed we actually made some pretty great time. First stop was the Florida/Georgia border.
Gassing up in South Carolina.
We made it just inside the Virginia border before we called it a day. We stayed at a tiny little town called Hillsburg. We had a nice dinner at Shoney's and swam in the pool. Believe you me, I was living it up on my mini-kid-free-vacation:)
Our Holiday Inn Express.
Lunch break in West Virginia. I tried to surprise Cody by getting home early but he was so excited to see us that he kept checking in. I finally broke because I'm not that quick with calculating mileage but we made it home by Wednesday afternoon. Thanks so much for my wonderful friend, Becky for watching the kids on Monday and to our fantastic babysitter, Kristina for braving two days with a toddler and a preschooler. I was not that brave at 18! And a super big thanks to my wonderful husband for letting me do this. It was so fun to hang out with Mom and have a few kid-free days.



2 comments:
Yay for roadtrips and yay for Mom! Also yay for Bro Luce and Michael. Too fun.
Beth, I'm pretty sure that JILL is the Wizard, not my dad. But he is pretty entertaining. He's always happy to help and we love the Goodiers. :-)
Post a Comment