On July 2nd my dad flew up from Florida to spend the 4th of July weekend with us. Cody also had Friday and Monday off so it was a fantastic weekend of non-stop fun. On Friday we mainly did housework and had pizza night. On Saturday morning we got up and headed to Kirtland to see the temple and the John Johnson Farm. Pepper was very happy to have her Papa back and remained in his arms the rest of the weekend.
Exploring the Johnson Farm with our private tour (apparently people had other things to do on their 4th weekends then visit church history sites. Go figure.)


"Such a day I've had!"
Such a great place that I highly reccomend to all. Despite our kids running all over the place and Pepper repeatedly going under the ropes and touching historic artifacts, we really felt the spirit there. It was fascinating being in a place that is not really well known but where Joseph Smith had some major experiences. You will all have to go see it when you come to visit...hint...hint!
To celebrate the 4th of July we went to church, took naps, then went on a long deathmarch, oops, I mean hike in the woods. I had never been to the much talked of Tow Paths but had seen a sign driving around and decided to take my family there. I had no idea what it would be like but thought it would nice and shady and next to water. I think we all got sunburns and were a bunch of cranky people, hungry, tired people when we got home.
I'm making it sound really bad for mostly dramatic effect but it really wasn't the walk we were intending. Thanks for being a bunch of troopers family!
Monday morning Morgan had his Little Gym class and everyone came to cheer him on. Morgan thought it was so fun that Daddy and Papa came to watch him.
Monday morning Morgan had his Little Gym class and everyone came to cheer him on. Morgan thought it was so fun that Daddy and Papa came to watch him.








1 comment:
Yeah, we went on one of those hot, grueling walks too at Kim's. A short Sunday stroll turned into 3 miles, with no shoes because the blisters were worse than the bare feet. However, we did get to see fireflies!!!! Your pictures are great. I'm glad Dad could come and visit.
Post a Comment