Monday, November 1, 2010

Other than Halloween

So, besides Halloween, we have also been keeping busy with many other activities. Playgroup is always a top priority with us and a few weeks ago we went to the Akron Zoo with our friends Sarah, Eleanor and baby Penelope. Pepper is doing her typical "cheese" pose. I'm not sure why she feels the need to squat but it is sure cute.
Pepper loved hanging out with Eleanor and stealing her baby-doll whenever she got a chance.
A week ago Thursday, Morgan's preschool had an open house. The kids all sang songs with their classes and parents were able to see the classrooms. We got to talk to the teachers and hear about what the kids have been working on. Morgan had been singing the songs at home and talking about the scarecrow song they were learning. Of course when he walked into the church and saw all the people, he became overwhelmed and did not do anything but look scared.
The older kids have been learning about bats. With the help of this mom, they gave a really cute performance about bats. Too cute.
Morgan liked showing Pepper and me his classroom.

Pepper took about five minutes digging through the baby doll bucket before she found this doll and bottle. She then proceeded to carry it around, hug it, feed it and laid it on the floor to give it kisses. This girl loves her babies!
A week ago Saturday, we went jogging on the Tow Path. It was a brisk morning filled with beautiful fall colors. If it hadn't been for Pepper's constant fussiness whenever I let go of the stroller, it would have been the perfect morning.

This was my favorite hat on Morgan and it is still my favorite hat. L.L. Bean you rock!
Morgan's photography skills need a little work...or my double chin needs some work...either way.

Last Monday, Morgan's Little Gym class had their midway matinee showcase. The kids were allowed to wear their costumes but Morgan was not in the mood (the one time in the last two weeks he was not in the mood to wear his costume.)

Morgan's getting so strong.
Pepper and Morgan had their six month check-up at the dentist this month. Last time Morgan did so well that I think I got cocky about my children and tough situations. There was a girl screaming when we went in and that started our downfall. Morgan insisted Pepper go first and she was not happy about that at all. Luckily she is still small. I had to put a screaming Pepper on the floor to put Morgan in the chair. He was fighting so hard that an assistant lady had to lay across his legs and pin him to the chair while I held his hands down. At one point she started to get up because he had stopped screaming and Morgan started to kick again. Not my finest hour but at least the dentist didn't seem too phased. I did however feel really bad for the mother and little boy that were across the room. He looked terrified.
Having someone to share a blanket and eggo with in the morning is my definition of happiness.
My favorites!
I picked the book club book this month and it was set in France. Since I was hosting, I decided to make some France inspired treats. Only one lady showed up but at least we were well fed.
French Silk Pie
During the day when the sun is out or on the weekends, we've been trying to take full advantage of the beautiful fall atmosphere.

This is the tree in our backyard. It turned orange overnight and has really given a nice glow to our home. The huge pile of leaves on the ground that we are dealing with now is not my favorite but this tree has made me very happy.

Our entire street is lined with these pink trees. I love, love, love it!



This is what our backyard looks like now and it just keeps coming.

We LOVE Fall!
Putting a ponytail in Pepper's hair makes her instantly look like a big girl.
Last Friday, for playgroup I invited everyone to come over to our house to play in the leaves and do a little fall craft project. Once again, only one friend showed up but we had a great time nonetheless.
Abby flashing me a fantastic smile.
Pepper giving me her cheesy squat.
Becky and Ben enjoying the outdoors.
Morgan actutally stood still to give me a nice picture.
I must have pushed my luck because this is the look I got when I asked for another smile.
After the leaves and craft project, we all enjoyed Halloween cupcakes.
I'm glad all the craziness of Halloween is over but I'm very glad that we have been enjoying some great fall weather. I'm not looking forward to winter but this really is my favorite time of year!

5 comments:

Tora Family said...

I love all of your pictures, Beth! Pepper is sooo cute...love the crouching pose!

Jill and Kevin said...

Love the leaves in your back yard. We have leaves too, but brown and tiny and filled with ants or roaches. Not so fun to jump in. Thanks for posting all the pictures. We miss you guys.

Jill and Kevin said...

I really like your new family picture at the top. So sweet. The kids are getting so big!

Kimber said...

Beth! Your kids are so grown up! and gorgeous!

Wanderingfamilies said...

LOVE the pics! LOVE Ohio! I want to move near you...imagine the fun we could/would have in ALL seasons! Love YOU!