Monday, November 15, 2010

Indian Summer

It is no secret that Fall is my favorite time of year. However, my favorite, favorite time of year is Indian Summer. To me it is a magical season where you get the warmth and hope of bright, sunny days with the beauty, aura and crispness of fall. I love it, I love it, I love it!
If you hadn't guessed it has been some beautiful weather around here lately and we have been trying to get outside a lot to take advantage of it. Although, we've been getting outside and doing things they have all been ordinary things like raking leaves, going to the playground or for a walk around the neighborhood. I know, I know...this has never stopped me from taking and posting a ton of pictures but I think I got a little burned out on Halloween and have not been taking many picture lately. Because of some requests by certain persons, here are some random pics of us around the house and the zoo from last week. The other day I dressed Pepper up in this really cute tutu and put her hair in pigtails. She looked so grown up and adorable I couldn't help but take pictures and a two second video. Enjoy:

Pepper has inherited a lot of Christmas dresses so we've started wearing them early. Since she looked so cute, I decided to coordinate Morgan and I to match her. Unfortunately, Cody leaves really early for church so he didn't get the memo and wore a blue tie.

This girl needs some bangs to grow in:)
Last Friday was a gorgeous day with nothing planned so we decided to go to the Akron Zoo.
Luckily, our neighbors' boys and babysitter decided to join us to make the outing a lot more fun.

The animals all seemed to be very active and close to the windows, which was a lot of fun for the kids.
Morgan, Abe and Pepper
Such a big, independent girl now. (Except when it is time to go to nursery or for me to cook dinner!)

Riding the new carousal.
Abe, Simon and Lisa (she goes to law school with a lot of our friends from church.)

Abe and Morgan enjoying our picnic lunch.

Snotty noses. Tis the season!
Simon just cracked me up in this photo. Such big eyes.
All the kids loved the fish, rays and turtles. We spent a lot of time right here.
Of course, Morgan always finds the microphone.
Starting this weekend we have a lot scheduled for the next few weeks so no worries, there is a lot more to come!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love that little girl! I can't believe how big and beautiful she has gotten.

JoshandJen said...

Yes, I am with HEather, I just love that cute girl, seeping Pepper gets me excited for Delaney to be at that age (and to hopefully have more hair by then so I can put up in cute pigtails :) Love the look on Morgans face in the penguin picture, and Wade has that same sweater vest. I also LOVE your family picture for your blog header, such an adorable family!

Kimber said...

Beth! Your kids are so SO cute! I love it.

Wanderingfamilies said...

Pepper is sure adorable! ...there is something about little girls in dresses...hey, if you figure out a way to get bangs to grow, let me know, Maizy has the same problem! Miss you guys!