This Saturday morning we attended the 3rd Annual Family Reading Festival at the main library in Akron. It went almost all day and had tons of fun activities for the family. The first thing we did was meet Clifford and Curious George. Morgan and Pepper were both very excited to see them...until we got up close that is. Morgan absolutely refused to get even near them and Pepper was not too thrilled when Daddy got her up close and personal.
Of course as we walked away Morgan and Pepper kept waving and telling them "good-bye."
Then we headed over to the auditorium where a children's music performer, Jim Gill, was putting on a show. The kids loved it and had a good time dancing around. After the show, we walked around to different booths and tables. They had a room set up with tables full of books and the children were each allowed to pick a free book. I couldn't believe they had legit books, like lots of Sandra Boynton books, which are our favorites. Morgan was all set with a great P.D. Eastman book before Cody showed him some Star Wars book about Wookies. Morgan has never even seen Star Wars and doesn't know anything about the characters but he was hooked. Of course, now he doesn't want to read it because he thinks it's too scary. Thanks, Dad!
Next up was storytime with all the characters. They had local celebrity readers like the mayor of Akron and a fireman. Between stories the characters would do a dance or silly song and get the kids all up and wiggling. We walked around some more and ran into some friends from church. We all went back into the auditorium to watch the Cuyahoga Valley Youth Ballet put on a show. They also taught the kids a little dance.
Morgan and Pepper were mesmerized by the pretty ballerinas. Pepper was having a blast trying to do the dance. I think some dance classes are in her very near future!We had an awesome time at the festival and are already determined to make this an annual event for our family. Yay, for reading and free festivals!
Last Friday, we went over to Heather's to let the kids do a little painting/craft project. We also let them run around and destroy Heather's house. We had a great time:) (Oh and sorry, Heather and Becky, for the candid shot but Gwendolyn was too cute in this picture not to include it. Plus I liked how quiet and crafty the kids were being.)
Last Friday, we went over to Heather's to let the kids do a little painting/craft project. We also let them run around and destroy Heather's house. We had a great time:) (Oh and sorry, Heather and Becky, for the candid shot but Gwendolyn was too cute in this picture not to include it. Plus I liked how quiet and crafty the kids were being.)


5 comments:
I wish I would have been on the ball and known about that library event. Gabriel would have loved that! Looks like it was fun!
I can't believe I didn't know about this either! Dominic and Natalie would have LOVED it. I think it's hilarious that I've lived here forever and I find out about more stuff going on from everyone else :) Glad you guys had fun!
Yep, I am with Urs and Anna (especially with living here forever) and I have not heard about that thing either, Justin would have loved to go to that thing! That looks awesome, you sure know how to find all of the cool events to go to!
You guys do so many fun things! Ella would have loved to have met CURIOUS GEORGE! A little late, but thanks for the Christmas card. Glad you guys are doing well.
We need to find or create some fun festivals here too. We've been to the frogleg festival. That's exciting! Fun pictures. Jane will take pictures with Characters, but Alice won't let go of my leg, so I have to get creative with her shots.
Post a Comment