Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Morgan's 4th Birthday Madness

On Saturday, January 29th, Morgan turned 4 yrs old. We had a big party at our house to celebrate this momentous occasion. We were very blessed to have lots of wonderful friends come to help us celebrate Morgan. Including my lifelong friend, Mesha, who flew in from Utah for the weekend. Heather made this amazing cake. Morgan said he wanted a cake with Hiccup and Toothless on it from "How to Train Your Dragon."
I could not believe all the details.
She even made Hiccup a viking hut. She has mad skills!
The idea for the party was to have an outdoor-type summer party in our basement. We borrowed a bouncy house from a friend and brought all our outdoor toys downstairs. I also found a Step 2 Roller Coaster on craigslist for $30. Best find ever!
We are now on the lookout for one of these.
Pepper the party girl.
Cody and the other dads were the Funhouse supervisors. A few moms helped them out now and again but I thought they did a fabulous job! Only one child came upstairs crying the whole time.
Jenna giving Morgan a push.
Here are some videos of the kids having a good time:





For lunch we did a picnic type spread. We had Uncrustables, bags of chips, juice boxes and grapes for the kids to make a plate with and go back downstairs.
All the other moms, babies and few other kids having their picnic upstairs.
After lunch we sang to Morgan and he blew out the candles:
While my friend Jen cut the cake, Morgan opened his presents.
He was very enthusiastic about everything, which made me happy.
The time for cake and ice cream picnic-style on the kitchen floor.
The party ended around 12:30/1pm and I must say I think it was a huge success. I, of course, was totally stressed beforehand thinking about all the details and how it would run, hopefully smoothly. I guess I can never quiet the Stage Manager inside my head!
Thanks to all our friends who made it out. We had a great time sharing Morgan's day with you.
While Pepper was napping, the rest of us checked out the Funhouse. The bouncy house was just Mesha's size. You should have seen her trying to get out of it:)
Morgan also opened his presents from Grandma and Papa Adams, Auntie Mesha and mom and dad. Grandma Adams gave him a cool hamster that runs around and makes noises. Despite his face in this picture he loved it.
This was his reaction to the dinosaur pajamas Papa Adams picked out for him.
We got his this Hiccup outfit. Let's hope he doesn't try to use the ax on Pepper.
Modeling for the camera.
Auntie Mesha got him this inflatable Buzz Lightyear wings and spaceship (not in the picture). The gun shoots balls. Great look Meesh.
Morgan showing off he wings.
Pepper did not nap very well, probably had something to do with all the sugar she consumed before trying to sleep. Sunday was much better but she was still very cuddly after her nap. I didn't mind one bit.
Morgan and Pepper loved having Auntie Mesha here and were very sad to wake up this morning and realize she wasn't here anymore.
Monday morning, Pepper played at a friend's house while Mesha and I took Morgan to the Little Gym. Then we drove out to Smucker's to have lunch with Cody. After, that we hightailed it to Cleveland to take Mesha to the airport. Thank goodness it was a beautiful day.
We miss you already, Auntie Mesha! Thanks for coming and come back again soon!
Morgan's great picture taking skills. Well, at least he got a great shot of her ring:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday MOrgan! You did a great job on the party Beth! What I would give to have a basement...
Mesha looks the same now as she did in college, well, actually, I think she looks prettier now!

Kimber said...

Looks like so much fun! Morgan is so grown up, and Pepper is beyond gorgeous.

Wanderingfamilies said...

Fun times. Mesha said that the party was really fun and organized...you know you did well! Great idea!

JoshandJen said...

You Adams sure know how to have a party!! It was so fun and it turned out perfect! I am glad he had a great party, I still need to figure out how you upload videos to blog, it never works for me! That is really crazy when you said that it was Morgans "4th" birthday party, it made me realize that Justin will be 4 in Aug. just doesn't seem right lol...