Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Weekend and Other Randomness

Last weekend we drove down to Khan's house for the holiday. On the way we stopped at the outlet malls to have lunch, stretch our legs and get Morgan a pair of sandals. It was a nice break from the car and Morgan asking every five minutes if we were there yet.
We were all anxious and excited to see Khan and his family and to visit their fabulous club pool.


Yay, for summer fun!

This is how we spent Saturday afternoon. The water was freezing but the sun was out and we were happy.

Pepper enjoying Sunday breakfast. I'm not sure why she looks so chipper since she barely slept the whole first night. Cody and I were not so chipper.

This is how Morgan spent his whole weekend. He is completely obsessed with all things Star Wars now and always says he's a Jedi and turns everything into a light-sabre. He was so excited to have an actual one.

Very excited.

And excited to attack Clones.

William as a Clone.

Morgan testing it out.

Pepper's turn.

Pepper trying out the dark side.

Our Memorial Day afternoon at the pool.

William's blue popsicle tongue.

Morgan's red popsicle tongue.

Happy cousins.

Kegan, William, Khan, Cody and Morgan playing "Band Hero."

Morgan keeping the beat.

We all had another great time hanging out with everyone and getting away for a few days. We are so glad that we live so close to family!

Now to back up a bit. On May 25th, Morgan had his last day of preschool. It was a field day and luckily the weather was perfect for all the outdoor fun.




Playing musical chairs.

And limbo. Morgan was the only one who knew how to do this and I have no idea why he knew. But it was fun to watch.





Snacktime.

Morgan was most excited to ride these bikes. You can tell by his awesome expression:)

And this one too.

Morgan with his amazing teacher, Mrs. Yonders.

Morgan really takes the best pictures!

Three Peas in a Pod.

Morgan, Reichel and Owen. These were his best buddies in school.

We had some lovely purple Irises show up in front of our house so I asked the kids to take a picture with it. This is what I got.



And here's our first strawberry. It was quite delicious and we can't wait for more.

Months and months ago I started working on a quilt for Pepper. I had no pattern but the one in my head and had never really made one myself before. But I had fun making it up as I went along.



Morgan taking some pictures of the process.

I didn't have enough fabric pieces to finish the pattern I started, so I had to figure out something to do in the middle.

Morgan break.



Almost there.

All done.

Well, until I decide what to do in the middle part:)

No comments: