Sunday, July 10, 2011

Good-bye Groens, aka Best Neighbors Ever!

We all returned from Florida last night but before I delve into our endless vacation pictures, I have a bit of catching up to do. While we were in Florida our dear, dear neighbors and friends, the Groen family, moved away. We are all a bit heart-broken but understand not everyone can stay here forever. The Saturday before the kids and I left on vacation, our two families went out to dinner and ice cream. It was quite a zoo with the eight of us, and two pregnant mommies but we had a great time laughing, talking and enjoying each others company.
One of the many reasons we will miss this wonderful family is having friends SO close. When you have best friends next door afternoons are much more enjoyable. During the winter, no matter how bad the weather was, we had someone to play with and could hang out at each other's houses. Once the weather got nice, we would just sit outside after nap time and let the kids run around until dinner. Perfect, perfect, perfect. These are some random pics of us doing just that.

Pepper and Simon giving loves.

I'm not really sure why everyone is half dressed but it does make for some cute pictures.

Such a sweet little face and personality.

Not the greatest picture of Eric and Cody but it does capture the moment of lazy afternoons.

Abe, Simon and Morgan.

Morgan is probably trying to convince Abe and Simon to play Star Wars with him by using golf clubs as light sabers.



Such a great crooked smile from Abe.

Pepper enjoying the nice cool grass.

Pepper decided Simon had the right idea and undressed. Then they followed each other around trying to copy each other. One of my favorite pictures!


This would be the other one!

For their sake we hope and pray their house sells soon. For our sake we hope a family JUST like them moves in next door. I wish we could make it a requirement for sale but I suppose we will just have to trust in the Lord.

Groen family, we miss you all terribly, and hopefully we will be able to make it out west soon to see your newest family member, baby Esther. Good luck with everything!

No comments: