Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Super Summer Florida Trip part 2

Cody arrived in Florida on July 2nd, two and half weeks after the kids and I arrived. We were pretty excited to see him. Pepper had been whining for days and days that she wanted Daddy.

So needless to say she was extremely happy to wake up Sunday morning and find he was there.
That Monday was July 4th. My parents hosted a party/bbq that afternoon but in the morning we all just relaxed in the pool and the kids enjoyed showing off their water skills for Cody.
Pepper enjoying a snack with her second favorite man, Papa.

The peaceful morning swim.

This was the pool later that day. There was a lot of food, friends and fun. The perfect 4th.

Morgan and Jane celebrating with sparklers.



My cousin, Lisa, with her little girl, Sophia.

I think they were all partied out.

I really liked this picture of Morgan. It is dark but I love the look on his face.

The next morning we headed off to the Brevard Zoo for our third visit.

Here the kids are having a nice chat with a big, blue parrot that says things like, "Back to work."

Morgan and Daddy feeding the birds.

Pepper liked the idea at first but...

changed her mind and let me handle the whole thing.

Auntie Jill and baby Kate taking it all in.





Gramma, Morgan and Jane relaxing while waiting for the train.

I thought this was a great picture of the whole gang minus Alice who was ducking behind someone.



Baby Kate and Gramma made some pretty cute faces that I was glad I captured.

This girl gets excited about hats.

I guess she's not so sure about me and the camera.

The kids back at their favorite spot.

While Gramma and Auntie Jill watched the kids, Cody and I took a walk around the Florida and South America areas of the zoo. I think the alligators are in mating season and there were two males that were growling at each other. I got a very quick video of just the end of it but they still sound pretty cool:




The zoo just opened a new zip line and canopy tour exhibit. It looked pretty fun.

Why look at animals when you could do this.

After the zoo we took the kids, minus a napping Pepper, to see Cars 2.

We really enjoyed it, especially the Toy Story short before the film.

After movie trip to Coldstone. Such a great day.

On Wednesday, we took a trip over to Orlando to see my alma mater UCF.

Papa Goodier and Pepper taking a break in the theatre building.

Alice decided she needed a picture with Papa as well.

The kids checking out the black box theatre where I spent a big chunk of my time.

The mainstage theatre.

Most of the roads on campus have astrological names and this intersection happen to have Cody's sign and mine on it.

Alice and Pepper awaiting lunch. Two curly Sues.

Pepper enjoying a moment with cousin Sophia.

Jill and baby Kate were trying to participate in an impromtu dance party we were having with teh kids. As soon as my computer lets me upload it to youtube I will share it with all. Jane's dance moves are pretty awesome!

Everyone wanted to snuggle with Uncle Cody while watching the movie.

These are all probably the most unflattering eating photos ever but I just wanted to document the one adult night out to eat at one of my favorite places at home, Cantina Dos Amigos.

Yum, yum and sorry to everyone in the pics.

On Friday morning, Cody and I took the kids to another favorite eatery, Sun on the Beach for breakfast. We all loved it, except Pepper, who doesn't really love breakfast foods.

But she was still happy to be there eating her goldfish.

Later that morning we all headed down to the beach at the end of my parent's road to see the final shuttle launch.

Always a good time to dig and play in the sand.

Everyone looking north towards Kennedy Space Center.

The moment the shuttle launched. I like how we see the kids turning to see what everyone is gasping about. As we were leaving the beach, Morgan said, "But the rocket didn't blow up?" I quickly had to explain that we didn't want that kind of rocket to explode like fireworks because people were inside. Too funny.

Alice, baby Kate and Morgan taking a moment.

Pepper wanted to get in on the act.

Our final morning swim before heading to the airport on Saturday, July 9th.

Jane pushing Pepper around the pool in baby Kate's new floatie.

Morgan having a turn.

To mark the important moment, Gramma actually got in the pool. All the other grandkids were pretty surprised and excited.

Good-bye to sunny Florida and Gramma's pool.

We had such a fabulous time with Gramma, Papa, and everyone else. Thank you guys. We love and miss all of you very much.

1 comment:

Mesha said...

That looks like such a fun time. I wish I was there too! I miss all the Goodiers so much.