So there has been a lot going on the past few weeks besides the fun holidays. Pepper, Morgan and Cody all got sick right after Auntie Mesha left. Pepper had a sinus infection and possbile RSV. Luckily, Hazel some how escaped all the nastiness and right now only has a bit of a runny nose. Knock on wood. Anywhoo, with all that and the crazy weather life has seemed a bit weird lately. But that didn't stop us from enjoying Valentine's Day. I made these cupcakes for a playgroup I hosted on Tuesday the 14th.
These are the lovely flowers Morgan and Cody picked out for me.
At playgroup we made valentines for Daddy.
I saw this in the Disney magazine I get and thought I'd try it. I spread cool whip on a cookie sheet and froze it. Then I used a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out a heart and put it on top of my hot chocolate. The kids had fun with it but it was kind of messy.
Some of the kids enjoying a snack.
Morgan stayed for a party after school. He wanted to show off all of his valentines from school.
Not the best picture of Morgan but this picture did make me realize how big my son is now.
Such a great big brother!
Hazel wearing the winter suit we bought for Morgan when he was born.
My little doll.
My girls just hanging out.
Not sure what is going on here but it's funny anyway.
This is how we pass many dreary afternoons. Every time I put Hazel on the floor every one tries to talk to her and get her to smile. This is one loved little girl.
Just a quiche I made the other day. I mainly took the pictuer because of my pretty pie plate Cody gave me.
Like father like son. I'm glad to see my ipad is being put to good use.Actually, this photo is pretty accurate. Morgan has been Pepper's biggest cheerleader through this whole process. He is the first one to tell her "great job" and "way to go." The first time Pepper finally peed on her little potty was when Morgan went in and peed with her. He has also been a great help keeping Hazel happy and entertained while I spend a lot of time in the bathroom with Pepper.
I had been planning on potty training Pepper sometime soon but kept finding reasons to put it off. I think I was just scared to start this whole process over again. This weekend we had a lot going on but I just had to bite the bullet and Pepper seemed to be potty training herself without me. The antibiotics she was on gave her the runs and I think she decided the thought of going on the potty seemed much better than yucky diapers. We're a few days in now and she seems to be doing really well. Here's hoping!
On Friday evening, Cody's cousin, Robin and her family came to visit. Their son, Antonio, was performing in a show choir competition on Saturday. The kids were over the moon to be together again and we were so excited to have them here. Friday night, Robin and Cris got a hotel room in town so that everyone could go swimming and so they could have a date night.
These swim outfits are a bit small but hey they work.

All the kids goofing around.
Cris taught Pepper to just jump in from the side. After this, we took all the kids home and put them right to bed. Even the teenagers were asleep in about two seconds. I guess we wore them out.
Saturday afternoon, we all went out to Chipotle for lunch. Then we took the kids home, got Ali all set up to babysit and wished her luck. Then Robin, Cris, Cody and I headed off to watch Antonio and his school's show choir perform. It was a lot of fun to watch everyone perform. It was like a real life Glee episode when they are at regionals or something. We were there from about 2 till midnight. Hazel was a trooper and did a great job. Till the ride home of course. Poor little thing just wanted to be asleep and left alone.
Cody, Hazel and Robin during a performance break.
Not the best picture of Cris but Hazel's little tushy sticking out was too cute not to include. We were all a little exhausted getting ready for church on Sunday but it was so worth it so have them all visit. We are so grateful to have family so close now that we can share these experiences together. I have a feeling this will be a new annual event for us and that is just fine by me!
I had been planning on potty training Pepper sometime soon but kept finding reasons to put it off. I think I was just scared to start this whole process over again. This weekend we had a lot going on but I just had to bite the bullet and Pepper seemed to be potty training herself without me. The antibiotics she was on gave her the runs and I think she decided the thought of going on the potty seemed much better than yucky diapers. We're a few days in now and she seems to be doing really well. Here's hoping!
On Friday evening, Cody's cousin, Robin and her family came to visit. Their son, Antonio, was performing in a show choir competition on Saturday. The kids were over the moon to be together again and we were so excited to have them here. Friday night, Robin and Cris got a hotel room in town so that everyone could go swimming and so they could have a date night.
These swim outfits are a bit small but hey they work.
All the kids goofing around.
Cris taught Pepper to just jump in from the side. After this, we took all the kids home and put them right to bed. Even the teenagers were asleep in about two seconds. I guess we wore them out.
Saturday afternoon, we all went out to Chipotle for lunch. Then we took the kids home, got Ali all set up to babysit and wished her luck. Then Robin, Cris, Cody and I headed off to watch Antonio and his school's show choir perform. It was a lot of fun to watch everyone perform. It was like a real life Glee episode when they are at regionals or something. We were there from about 2 till midnight. Hazel was a trooper and did a great job. Till the ride home of course. Poor little thing just wanted to be asleep and left alone.
Cody, Hazel and Robin during a performance break.
Not the best picture of Cris but Hazel's little tushy sticking out was too cute not to include. We were all a little exhausted getting ready for church on Sunday but it was so worth it so have them all visit. We are so grateful to have family so close now that we can share these experiences together. I have a feeling this will be a new annual event for us and that is just fine by me!



No comments:
Post a Comment