Last Wednesday, we drove out to Orrville to have lunch with Cody. My mom likes to go there when she visits and Morgan was on spring break so it was the perfect opportunity.
On Thursday, we decided to go to the Akron Zoo because it was suppossed to be a really nice day. So Heather, Becky, mom and I set out with the kiddies (minus baby Drew, he was home with his grandma.) I think by the time my kids are grown we are going to have a million of these penguin pictures!
Taking a little break to let the kids play. Does Becky look like she just gave birth to a 10 lb 6 oz baby?!
We were looking at the tiger and I lifted Ben to show him the sleeping tiger. Meanwhile, Morgan and Jack were messing with the umbrella stroller and pushed under my lifted leg. I stepped down and tripped over it. Since, I was holding Ben I couldn't stop myself and totally ate it but saved him, although he wasn't too happy with me. My mom helped me up but then disappeared. Becky and Heather took the kids to the play area to look for my mom in that direction. I went back a little to see if she went to the bathroom. I couldn't find her anywhere and I knew she had Hazel and my phone so I couldn't call her. I walked back to the group to see if mom was there and she wasn't. I was starting to get worried when a very out of breath mom and stroller showed up. Turns out after mom helped me up she realized that she had left Hazel back at the snow leopard and took off running. When she got there the stroller was gone. She started running threw the park and a worker told her they had taken the stroller back to reception. My mom ran all the way there and was so happy to see Hazel. The workers who had Hazel gave my mom the third degree trying to decide if they should give her the lost baby. Luckily, my phone was in the bag so my mom called it and it showed up on my caller id as "mom's cell." My poor mom was going through this nerve-wracking experience and none of us had any idea and were wondering why mom just wandered off. Crazy, crazy.
Ben was so excited to hang out with the "big boys," Morgan and Jack. Here they are all checking out the red panda. I love how Ben keeps watching the other boys to see what they are doing so he can follow.
Milking a cow in the petting zoo area.
Pepper and Jack trying it out.
They had a new feed they were trying out so everyone got a free food cup to give to the animals.
Pepper did it a couple times but needed a little help to actually get the food to the animals without freaking out at the last second and dropping it all on the ground.
Morgan did not need any help. Such a big kid this one.
It tickled.
A true grandma somehow always has the kids gathered around her.
I can't believe I actually got them all smiling and looking at the camera.
Heathere and Jerry looking too cool in their sunglasses.
Jerry brought Abby to the zoo after she was done with preschool. Hazel was happy to be out of the stroller.
Here's a video of the train ride:
Heathere and Jerry looking too cool in their sunglasses.
Jerry brought Abby to the zoo after she was done with preschool. Hazel was happy to be out of the stroller.






No comments:
Post a Comment