I hope all the women out there had a fabulous Mother's Day. I know I did thanks to my wonderful husband and beautiful children. Saturday night, they took me out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant that I really enjoy. I used some ideas I got off Pinterest to entertain ourselves while we waited for our food. One of them was asking the kids questions. Here's some highlights:
Me: If you were a super hero which power would you rather have? Be able to fly or shoot lazers from your eyes?
Morgan: I would want both. of course I would be like Angel Cyclops. someone has been watching a lot of X Men cartoons lately.
Pepper: I would be a fairy princess and have a magic wand. Then I could fly and give wishes. of course.
Me: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Morgan: after much deliberation A policeman.
Pepper: I want to be a doctor...for animals. so you're saying you want to be Dr. Pepper?
Me: Do you want to get married when you grow up and who do you want to marry? Also, do you want kids?
Morgan: I want to get married when I'm tall like Daddy. I will find a girl that no one is dancing with and I will dance with her. genius. I want 10 boys. better find a really, really nice girl that no one is dancing with.
Pepper: I want to get married. I will marry, Abby. you can't marry a girl. Ok, I'll marry, Benny (her brother). ok, as long as it is not your cousin, Benny. that one is a no go either.
I told Morgan his idea on how to find a girl was even more genius because that is exactly how my parents met and how my sister, Kim and her husband, Mike met as well. It must run in our family!
One last story before the pictures. After sacrament meeting, when the young men hand out the flowers, the bishop usually gets up and talks about mothers. We have all the mothers stand, then the grandmothers, then the great-grandmothers, then the women without kids, then the great-great grandmothers (we have two.) This can get to be a bit of a long process, especially when the kids are done and want to go to primary. This year Cody suggested that while the roses are being handed out that we have the primary kids come up one by one and say why they love their mom. My husband is the smartest man ever! It was brilliant and just about the cutest thing EVER! I couldn't believe that Morgan and Pepper jumped right up and got in line at the front of the chapel. I was wondering what these two would come up with without any prompting or help, if they would talk at all. Well, I shouldn't have worried because these two will not pass up a microphone, wonder where they get it from? After a few kids went, Pepper marched right up there and said in a very clear high-pitched voice, "I love my mom because she's pretty." I about cried it was so cute. She then ran back to me and gave me a huge hug. A few kids later Morgan got up and said that he loved me in a very sincere voice. I was having a hard time keeping it together. I am very blessed.
Morgan making a face and girls distracted.
Now Morgan is over smiling and Pepper looks lost. Oh, I'm a little off as well.
Pepper trying to bail out. This girl cannot wait to get to class. Morgan is looking great still.
Getting better except for lost cause, Pepper.
Almost there, just get it together, Morgan!
Sure, let's call it. I think this is as good as it was going to get.
That afternoon, I got to take a nice long nap while both girls slept and Cody got dinner ready. Yep, I'm that lucky! After a really yummy dinner, that the kids complained their way through, I got to open presents. Morgan made me a card, Pepper made me a sign and Cody gave me an adapter for my ipad that will let me upload pictures straight from our camera. Here's a video of present time:I got this idea from Pinterest also. The original idea was for taking first day of school pictures using a chalkboard to record their age, school year and what they wanted to be when they grew up. I thought this could become a Mother's Day tradition each year. Won't it be fun to one day make a slide show of all of the pictures over the years. And watch the kids grow before our eyes!
Finally, the money shot. I just have to point out that Hazel looked pretty perfect in all the pictures. Yep, that's my over-achiever for me!
I am truly blessed to be a mother and I must remind myself every day to enjoy this time when they still think the world revolves around me. Thank you, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel and Cody for making me a very happy mother.












2 comments:
Love this post. Did you see that this final pic is ALL over pinterest??? You are THAT cool! :) Cute kids...cannot WAIT to see you this summer...
I love the chalkboard wall. And that picture of you and your kids turned out so great. What a keeper.
Post a Comment