Thursday, August 30, 2012

Our Week with Grandma

We were lucky enough to keep Grandma around for another week, after we got home from Utah. We were all in heaven and were very sad to see her go!
*please note all pictures are in total random and crazy order thanks to Blogger.
The girls sporting their Grandma Adams originals on Sunday.

Happy ladies.

Pepper trying to be the photographer.

Some afternoon outside swinging Batman around and showing Grandma the garden.
One morning Mom and I were going to take the kids to a playground but it was raining so we went to the mall play area instead.
Hazel is happy to finally be able to join the big kids in the play area.

This is how Morgan spent most of his spare time when we got home.

Grandma likes Chick-fil-A and the kids enjoy a good playplace so everyone wins.
On Saturday morning, Khan and William came to visit us for the weekend. It was a beautiful day so we headed over to the Nature Realm to let the kids run around outside.
Our rock climbers.


Watching the birdies.

After playing indoors, we headed out for a nature walk.



There is a really pretty spot on the grounds that has a lot of gazebos and hanging plants.

Oh, I just love this one! I could give her sqeezes all day long.

This one is hard to resist as well.

The great adventurers.



Such great matching smiles.

I love all the weeping willow trees. They have always been my favorite since I was a kid. It seems the next generation finds them equally exciting.


Pepper was very excited that she found a fairy garden in the Herb Garden.

We really had a great time, despite William's facial expressions in most of these pictures. It was a beautiful day and everyone had fun exploring nature together.
That night we got a babysitter for the older kids, Hazel was asleep, so that the adults could take Mom out for an early birthday dinner sans kids. We had such a fun time sharing stories and laughing and just enjoying the company. Cody has such a great family and I feel so blessed to be a part of it!

On Grandma's last Thursday morning with us, Morgan's good friend, Sarah came over to play and join us at a wading pool.
Three superheros watching a super hero show on the iPad.

They were really having a great time I swear!

This picture makes it look a lot warmer than it was. That water was freezing!

But I had to get in for Hazel to play.
 The sacrifices we make for these cute little people!


The crew enjoying a little picnic and warming up in the sun.

Everything is better when Grandma joins us.


Morgan showing off his amazing Coppertone tan line.
And this is after a week of not being in the sun every day again. This kid can tan...he did not get that from me!

I found these two deep in conversation many times.




We always love having family come to visit, especially visitors who love to dote on your children. Again, I cannot put into words how grateful I am for my mother-in-law and her willingness to road trip across the country with me. I am very lucky to have such a fantastic MIL. I really enjoy spending time with her and talking with her. I loved getting to hear lots of stories about her life as a teenager or young mother. So much fun to get to know each other better. The kids all loved having Grandma stay with us for the week and Cody and Khan were very happy to spend some time with their mom as well. Mom also, let Cody and I go out Thursday night to go to the Ohio Shakespeare production of Merchant of Venice. It was outdoors at Stan Hywet Hall on a gorgeous evening; we were having a great date, until Cody got food poisoning and spent the second act at the bathroom. It was a rough night and Cody stayed home from work on Friday, which would have been fun for his Mom's last day except for the whole sickness thing. But in spite of the ending, we had a fantastic time together and miss her very much. Please, come again soon...and feel free to bring Papa along:)

1 comment:

Wanderingfamilies said...

That was a lot packed into one week! You have such a great family! I am impressed that you got in the cold water...the things moms will do...Love and miss you!