I haven't blogged in a few weeks because after the excitement of the holidays life did not seem overly exciting around here. We've kept ourselves busy getting back into the swing of things and dealing with a bit of sickness but overall life in 2013 is pretty great.
 |
Taking a mommy break from making dinner and going out to Earth Fare on Family Night when kids eat free.
Morgan and Pepper are at the color/game table. |
The kids were so excited to get bikes for Christmas but with all the snow they haven't had a chance to ride them. Last weekend the weather warmed up and snow melted from rain. Saturday was a really nice day so we headed outside to let them try it out. They were pretty stoked!
 |
| I love this strolling in picture. This girl has swagger! |
 |
| Ready to go! |
 |
Morgan hopped on and took off with no problem. He was in heaven.
I was very happy we live on a cul-de-sac street that is pretty quiet. |
 |
| Cody's nice shot of me helping Pepper. |
 |
That's more like it.
Pepper, it turns out, is NOT a natural when it comes to peddling or steering.
Oh well, one day she'll get it. |
The last Saturday of winter break we took the kids out for frozen yogurt.
 |
| They were only a little excited about it. |
 |
| This girl is serious about her dessert intake. |
The kids love to get a hold of the camera and I never know what I'm going to find when I get it back. Here's a sampling of some of the better shots.
Now that Hazel is on the move she just cracks us up. She loves to drape herself with anything and everything she can find lieing around. I think she is pretty proud of her new ability to walk and just likes to wander about going back and forth across the room. She is still a crack up with her squishy face too.
 |
| Hazel in action. |
 |
| Pepper caught in the middle of a makeover. |
Pepper likes to help a lot in the kitchen. Even as photographer.
 |
| The snowy view from our kitchen. |
On Sunday the 13th, Pepper was running a fever and had thrown up a few times the evening before, so we decided to stay home from church. After being inside all day watching movies, we all needed to get out and breath some fresh air. The weather was still on the warmer side, high 30s, so we headed over to the Nature Realm after Hazel's second nap.
 |
| It's always extra special to go places with Daddy. |
 |
| The pond is partially frozen over. |
 |
| These two just amaze me with their crazy! |
 |
| Here's a crust I did for a pecan pie Cody had been begging me to make. |
 |
| I made it for Cody and in honor of the Season 3 premier of Downton Abbey. Yipee!!!! |
Pepper is so far our clumsiest child. I refer to her as floppy. She cannot sit still and just turns, and twists and flops about on everything. Because of this she tends to fall A LOT. The other night she was goofing around at the dinner table and fell between two chairs. She actually cried, she's usually pretty good at taking a fall, so I figured she must really be hurt. She got over it quickly, like usual, so I forgot about it.
 |
| Then I noticed this. And she wasn't even complaining. |
 |
Pepper showing off her massive bruise and her favorite new bedtime attire.
I never think to buy nightgowns, probably because I hate them, but I loved them as a little girl and turns out Pepper does too. Thanks, Gramma. |
On Monday, the 14th, Pepper was still recovering and fighting off the slight fever but by Tuesday she was good to go and happily went to school. While I had a quiet house I finally did a thorough clean up job on the playroom. Isn't it amazing how much better kids play in a clean room and how they play with all the toys they had completely forgotten about in the mess?!
 |
| I caught Pepper in the act of playing Doc McStuffins to her stuffed animals after school. |
 |
I really do enjoy spending quiet afternoons with this one.
I also love her fashion sense and free spirit. |
 |
| In case you were worried she was all smiles and joy. This is another normal face for Pepper. |
During the winter months around here, playdates are essential, whether they are at homes or meeting up at indoor play areas. Different spaces and faces bring us sunshine on gloomy days.
 |
Pepper and Avi getting smoothies after playing at the mall play area.
We are very glad they are back from their extended winter holiday! |
 |
| The new addition to the backyard thanks to Morgan's friend, Sarah moving to a new house. |
 |
| Hazel enjoying a cheese puff. |
 |
| And sitting in a cake pan. |
 |
| And making cute faces. |
 |
| Pepper and the Smith kids playing over winter break. |
 |
| Morgan's new best buddy, Vincenzo. He is in Morgan's kindergarten class and lives just a few houses down across the street from us. We have started carpooling with them. I drive in the morning and his mother brings the boys home at the end of the day. Sarah's parents used to bring Morgan home, they still do on Fridays. I have been very, very lucky with this. I am very grateful! |
 |
| We were lucky enough to find some fun Leapster games at a discount store for only $5 a piece. The kids have really been enjoying them. |
 |
| A final shot of these two crazy kids! |
And I leave you tonight with two fun videos of Hazel beginning to walk. It was not easy getting a shot of this lady taking her first steps but any film of her cuteness is well worth it. I especially love her little dances and happy faces while she stands still and mocks my attempt to capture her walking.
1 comment:
The videos are classic. They just smile and say, nope I don't perform for you! Pepper's pouty face picture on the couch looks just like you as a kid. Holy cow! And I love that the mid 30's are warm. That's just down right cold!!!! January is a great month!
Post a Comment