Friday, March 1, 2013

February Random

I am writing this on March 1st, so it appears I have missed all of February. I am also writing this after a few horrible sick days at our house. It has been a long couple weeks with not a whole lot of fun things to write about.
Here's what happened at the beginning of the month.

On Saturday February 9th, I drummed up enough gumption to take the three kids by myself to the Akron Family Reading Day at the Main Library downtown.

Despite the crowds and the kids running excitedly from stall to stall and Hazel having a cold, we had a nice time.

Some local "celebrities" and mascots having reading and singing time with the kids.

Hazel's first lollipop. Looks like she's a little concerned someone is going to steal it.

Serious business making 3D glasses.

Later that afternoon, Cody came back from his work bowling tournament (his team placed 10th) and we went out to Chipotle for dinner. The kids were pretty excited about hanging out with Daddy!

The girls just playing around the house. It is fun to watch them turning into friends and playmates.

This girls hair is a sight to behold. I've never had a baby with such straight hair and I'm a bit at a loss as what to do with it. So far the only solution is a ponytail, since she won't leave any clips in. I'm pretty sure a haircut will be in order soon.

Hazel loves her babies.
On Friday the 15th, Morgan had a holiday from school. It was a nice sunny day so we headed over to the Akron Zoo with our friends, the Maceys.
Pepper and Avi in the usual penguin pose.

Time to feed the real penguins.



Can you find the fish?

The babies taking it easy while watching the penguins swim.


Yep, that about sums up these two!



The kids found enough snow for a snowball fight.



The main dining area was closed for renovations so we all tucked into a small food stand near the back of the zoo. Kami and I had to stand but the kids had a great picnic anyway.
Since Cody, always gets home after dinner, the kids and I have some time to kill while we wait for bedtime and Daddy to come home. I usually put on some music while I'm making dinner in an attempt to get people to dance and play and not hang on my legs and cry. The other night after dinner it turned into a dance party.
This girl has some junk in her trunk and I love it!

I love my tiny dancer!

Perfect pose and not so perfect kitchen. Oh well, such is life.


Hazel loves winter wear. She constantly brings me hats, jackets, boots and any other outerwear she can find.

For some reason the Aeros mascot was at the rec center after Pepper's ballet class one Saturday morning. Pepper insisted on a picture and a hug.


Proof of the awesome ponytail and Pepper forcing her sister to take a picture.

Morgan's new favorite obsession is Indiana Jones. I got him an easy reader book from the library and he instantly loved it. This is him reenacting Indy's aversion to snakes.

No comments: