Monday, August 18, 2008

Adventurland



Last Wednesday after signing out little boys up for free swimming lessons at Lasker Pool in Central Park, Minde, Ashley and I wandered down to Adventurland Playground on 69th and Central Park West for music time with a trumpet player and french horn player. We arrived a little late and Morgan was not overly thrilled with the music because of the amazing water feature this playground possesses. He was only able to play for a short while before we had to head home for nap time but I decided it was too cool and needed to be enjoyed again before the summer months are over. So on Saturday afternoon Cody, Morgan and I schlepped down there for more water fun.


The water is a bit on the frigid side but there a lot of different areas to play in and it actually feels more like a wading pool than a sprinkler system. Morgan splashed around forever and had a great time despite all the big kids dumping dirty, sandy puddle water into the pool area. Don't worry I gave them a piece of my mind more than once...snotty little upper west side kids!

Morgan declaring his joy to the whole crowd.

The water begins with this fountain area then runs down an aqueduct type area that Morgan enjoyed running up and down into the different pools from the pictures above. What a great idea for a playground!

Thinking I wasn't in the picture!

Morgan's first experience with the sand pit. Not my favorite but I figured since we could rinse him off and he wasn't in real clothes. It would be ok.

On a side note, every summer weekend in NYC streets are blocked off for various block parties and other events. On the way home from helping Minde and Tyler move apartments we passed a block party with some fun jumpy castles. Since it is all free we decided to see if Morgan would be interested. He had no desire to go inside but found the front area somewhat amusing despite the glaring sun in his eyes. I guess jumpy castles will have to wait till he's a bit older.

1 comment:

Jill and Kevin said...

That looks like so much fun. Jane would have a blast with it all. We're gearing up for some heavy rain tomorrow. Kevin luckily gets the day off.