For all of you who care, I swear I will go back and finish blogging about my trip to Florida since I have some great pictures of some really fun events. However, since I am totally exhausted and will continue to be so for a few more days I thought I'd catch up on the present.
*Disclaimer: this post is long and has many pictures of Nathan and was intended for family members who care. If you have time to kill and like to see some fun NYC places of interest feel free to read along.
After a wonderful month in Florida, Morgan and I came home on Wednesday and brought with us my awesome nephew Nathan. I decided since he just turned 10 and who knows how long people stay in NYC, he better come with us now and experience the city with us.
Before we came I asked Nathan what the number one thing he wanted to do in NYC was, his response...ride the subway. Here I documented his first trip on the 6 train.
On our first full day, Thursday, we went to the Central Park Zoo with our great friends Kiasa and Bella, whom we missed terribly and were glad to find out the feeling was mutual. (* since this post is about Nathan and I took way too many adorable pictures of Bella and Morgan, I will save those for the next post and stay focused on Nathan.) Here he is in front of the Polar Bears.
Being bunnies at the Tisch Children's Zoo.
Taking a break in his shell.
Nathan helping a goat get some munchies.
After the zoo and Morgan's nap, I decided we needed to cool off at the Lasker Pool in Central Park. Nathan was very helpful in keeping Morgan entertained in the wading pools and he also had fun exploring the big pool on his own with some goggles.
We took the scenic walk home and Nathan took a time out high on a rock. Great climbing in flip-flops!
The dawn of Friday began our Times Square Extravaganza! We dropped Morgan off at Kiasa's (thanks again) and headed downtown for some touristy fun. First stop of course was the Toys'r'Us. After some vigorous shopping we took a very long and fun ride on the Ferris wheel. We went around 7 times, I was quite amazed it actually felt like we got our $4 worth.

We worked up quite an appetite shopping so we headed over to the Hark Rock Cafe for an early lunch. Luckily we missed the crowds and didn't have to wait at all for a table or very long for our yummy food.

After lunch we saw the new Mummy movie. As we were coming out of the show, kidpicksonline.com interviewed Nathan for their website and he did a fabulous job and recommended the movie for 11 yrs old and older. I guess he thought it was a bit on the scary, violent side in a few parts...oops, sorry Kim and Mike. I guess I'm still not a perfect judge on what a 10 yr old should see.
On our first full day, Thursday, we went to the Central Park Zoo with our great friends Kiasa and Bella, whom we missed terribly and were glad to find out the feeling was mutual. (* since this post is about Nathan and I took way too many adorable pictures of Bella and Morgan, I will save those for the next post and stay focused on Nathan.) Here he is in front of the Polar Bears.
Being bunnies at the Tisch Children's Zoo.
Taking a break in his shell.
Nathan helping a goat get some munchies.
After the zoo and Morgan's nap, I decided we needed to cool off at the Lasker Pool in Central Park. Nathan was very helpful in keeping Morgan entertained in the wading pools and he also had fun exploring the big pool on his own with some goggles.
We took the scenic walk home and Nathan took a time out high on a rock. Great climbing in flip-flops!
The dawn of Friday began our Times Square Extravaganza! We dropped Morgan off at Kiasa's (thanks again) and headed downtown for some touristy fun. First stop of course was the Toys'r'Us. After some vigorous shopping we took a very long and fun ride on the Ferris wheel. We went around 7 times, I was quite amazed it actually felt like we got our $4 worth.
We worked up quite an appetite shopping so we headed over to the Hark Rock Cafe for an early lunch. Luckily we missed the crowds and didn't have to wait at all for a table or very long for our yummy food.
After lunch we saw the new Mummy movie. As we were coming out of the show, kidpicksonline.com interviewed Nathan for their website and he did a fabulous job and recommended the movie for 11 yrs old and older. I guess he thought it was a bit on the scary, violent side in a few parts...oops, sorry Kim and Mike. I guess I'm still not a perfect judge on what a 10 yr old should see. Next stop Madame Tussuad's Wax Museum. The Rock led the way for us.
While the Hulk welcomed us in.
Finally a picture of me and Morgan Freeman!
Nathan and Han Solo.
Nathan was excited to see Albert Einstein, which I found to be a good sign of his intelligence!
This one was for Gramma since she plays the trumpet and loves Louis Armstrong.
A moment to reflect.
Nathan and his idol Captain Jack.
It's hard to look sexy with Leonardo when you look like a pack mule but I tried.
Nathan ducks while the Great Bambino swings.
Nathan then takes a swing at Muhammad Ali.
Almost there!
We were both sad to see they had new Micheal.
Nathan was also excited to see the "rich man" and I took that as another good sign.
Two enthusiastic thumbs up for our 4D movie experience, "fine holiday fun"(movie title anyone?)...just beware you get sprayed with a lot of water and your seat fights back.
Working up excitement for his real Yankees experience later that night.
Helping Derek Jeter out at the plate.
Now all he needs is a cape and he's made it.
This is just a sampling of our few short days here in our hometown. We're so glad Nathan is with us, even if, my feet are killing me and I'm too tired for words. He is a great kid and tons of fun to hang out with. He is also great to have around when Morgan needs entertaining or watching while I take a quick shower. We're so glad Kim and Mike decided they could spare him for a few days and look forward to sharing our beautiful city with more of their family as they grow up.
While the Hulk welcomed us in.
Finally a picture of me and Morgan Freeman!
Nathan and Han Solo.
Nathan was excited to see Albert Einstein, which I found to be a good sign of his intelligence!
This one was for Gramma since she plays the trumpet and loves Louis Armstrong.
A moment to reflect.
Nathan and his idol Captain Jack.
It's hard to look sexy with Leonardo when you look like a pack mule but I tried.
Nathan ducks while the Great Bambino swings.
Nathan then takes a swing at Muhammad Ali.
Almost there!
We were both sad to see they had new Micheal.
Nathan was also excited to see the "rich man" and I took that as another good sign.
Two enthusiastic thumbs up for our 4D movie experience, "fine holiday fun"(movie title anyone?)...just beware you get sprayed with a lot of water and your seat fights back.
Working up excitement for his real Yankees experience later that night.
Helping Derek Jeter out at the plate.
Now all he needs is a cape and he's made it.
This is just a sampling of our few short days here in our hometown. We're so glad Nathan is with us, even if, my feet are killing me and I'm too tired for words. He is a great kid and tons of fun to hang out with. He is also great to have around when Morgan needs entertaining or watching while I take a quick shower. We're so glad Kim and Mike decided they could spare him for a few days and look forward to sharing our beautiful city with more of their family as they grow up. Don't worry there will be plenty more Big Apple excitement in the next few days, so stay tuned.

4 comments:
I cannot believe how old Nathan is!! When did he get braces?! Wow! Fun times...those are all things we'll have to do when we come out to visit again...
Thanks for the update Beth and Nathan. Cody thanks for taking Nathan to the Yankee game. Something always to remember! Wish we were there.
love,
Mike and Kim
Well it looks like you guys are having a great time. How fun for Nathan. I'm excited to hear his stories when he gets back.
Definitely an awesome nephew. We loved having him in primary.
Post a Comment