Sunday, September 14, 2008

BYU Football and Serendipity

Saturday afternoon Cody gave me a pleasant surprise, an afternoon off! Cody and Morgan went over to Tyler and Minde's to watch the BYU/UCLA game. This way Morgan and Chase could play while Tyler and Cody completely ignored them. Fun for all!This is how Morgan felt about UCLA!
Since my boys were busy doing manly things, I thought I would take advantage of some girl time. I called my good friend Morgen and decided to meet her at Serendipity on the Upper East Side. I had never been there before but had heard many great things...let me just say, they are all TRUE!

Morgen overwhelmed with glee at our Peanut Butter Frozen Hot Chocolates!
Thank you Ashley for recommending we go with the Peanut Butter one, absolutely delicious!
I also enjoyed the yummy carrot cake and Morgen devoured the stuffed French Toast. Afterwards, we did a little window shopping while catching up on life. It was a heavenly afternoon and I am so grateful for Cody and his beautiful surprise!

Yesterday I was very thankful for sports!

8 comments:

Jill and Kevin said...

How sweet of Cody! Go BYU!

Wanderingfamilies said...

Go Cougs! Serendipity is a place we need to go to when we visit...

Lara said...

What a great husband! I know it is a long trip (just a little) but we were wondering is we should look for you at Sharon's reception? If not, we'll keep up with you through blogging. : )

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

I really wanted to make it to Sharon's wedding but alas I cannot. She is having an open house in NJ so I will see here there. However, we will be in UT for Christmas and will come up your way for a couple of days, so I will keep you updated on that. Thanks.

Jones said...

oh my goodness those looks so delicious!! what a cute place and what an AWESOME hubby to do that for you!!

Wanderingfamilies said...

P.S. if you want, I can swing by Ikea and get that and bring it with us?! Let me know...

Wanderingfamilies said...

I will try to do better about posting pics...thanks! Let me know about Ikea - anything for you!

The Lindsays said...

What a GREAT husband?! Those times are priceless. Girl's time and Serendipity...doesn't get much better than that. If we ever make it out to New York I'm calling you to get the "To See and Do" list because you always seem to know how to live it up?! LOVE the picture of Morgan sticking his tongue out at UCLA!