So you might be thinking to yourself, wow, Beth and Morgan haven't done anything blog worthy in almost 2 whole weeks?! Well, you'd be wrong. We've had tons of fun, blog-worthy outings but I've just been too lazy to post them and I've used the excuse of waiting for pictures from others. Well, I'm still waiting on pictures but decided to update everyone anyway. I complain constantly about people not updating their blogs...ie Chamaine!...but haven't been much better myself. I guess we all need a little break now and then.
One of the most exciting things that happened last week was our day trip outside of the City. Last Wednesday, Kiasa, Bella, Morgan and I rented a zip car and headed out to Long Island and Jones Beach. On the way we stopped at Target, which is a big treat for us city folk, then made our way to the beach. It was a beautiful day, not too hot and plenty of sun.
The only downside was how far away the parking lot was from the water and the vast ocean of sand between the two. Morgan did not do well on either leg of our journey across but he LOVED the beach and water once we got settled!
Taking it all in!
The bathing beauties complete with shades!
Morgan loved running around in the surf despite the freezing temperatures.
Wiggling some cute toes free of their sandy fortress.
Morgan also inspecting his cute little sandy toes.
Honestly, how much stuff do two little ones and their mommas need at the beach?! You never know is the problem so of course I over packed big time and paid the consequences having to carry it all, plus Morgan back and forth. Thank you Kiasa for all of your help and for a wonderful day out of the city!
Every night that Cody makes it home before bed time is a real treat for Morgan. He loves to sit at the window and look for "DaDa" and squeal with delight when he spots him. Then we run to the door and welcome him off the elevator. Morgan then runs around while Cody chases him and then helps Daddy get relaxed.
Step One: Daddy takes of his shoes
Step Two: Morgan puts them on. (You can see him thinking..."Just a few more years.")
Step Three: Get Morgan all worked up with giggles before trying to put him to bed!
We love bedtimes with Daddy!
Taking it all in!
The bathing beauties complete with shades!
Morgan loved running around in the surf despite the freezing temperatures.
Wiggling some cute toes free of their sandy fortress.
Morgan also inspecting his cute little sandy toes.
Honestly, how much stuff do two little ones and their mommas need at the beach?! You never know is the problem so of course I over packed big time and paid the consequences having to carry it all, plus Morgan back and forth. Thank you Kiasa for all of your help and for a wonderful day out of the city!Every night that Cody makes it home before bed time is a real treat for Morgan. He loves to sit at the window and look for "DaDa" and squeal with delight when he spots him. Then we run to the door and welcome him off the elevator. Morgan then runs around while Cody chases him and then helps Daddy get relaxed.
Step One: Daddy takes of his shoes
Step Two: Morgan puts them on. (You can see him thinking..."Just a few more years.")Step Three: Get Morgan all worked up with giggles before trying to put him to bed!
We love bedtimes with Daddy!On Labor Day, since we had no plans for our whole weekend, we decided to take advantage of the Adventure Playground's water feature before the water gets turned off soon for the end of the summer weather.
We invited Minde, Tyler and Chase to join us and they happily came with.
This is Morgan's "If I'm really cute they won't notice I'm up to something face!"
Both boys love the water and pushing their toy strollers about. We are so lucky to have such great friends, who help us explore this great city. After the park, we walked around the Upper West Sides and got ourselves some goodies...scones at Alice's Tea Cup and cookies at Levains.
We invited Minde, Tyler and Chase to join us and they happily came with.
This is Morgan's "If I'm really cute they won't notice I'm up to something face!"
Both boys love the water and pushing their toy strollers about. We are so lucky to have such great friends, who help us explore this great city. After the park, we walked around the Upper West Sides and got ourselves some goodies...scones at Alice's Tea Cup and cookies at Levains. A very yummy Labor Day!
*yucky side note: Morgan was not eating well after the park, which worried me since it was dinnertime and would be bedtime by the time we got home. However, I discovered the reason for this when Morgan completely threw up right outside our front door. I think it had something to do with the 3 sticks of string cheese he had before he started playing. Smooth move mom!
So some of the other fun stuff, sans pictures, that's we've been up to is as follows:
Last Thursday: Morgan, Chase and Eliot had their final swim lesson. Despite the freezing temps they all did great and had some fun.
Thursday night: Kiasa and I, sans little ones, met up with some friends of hers in the Brooklyn Bridge Park and watched The Shining on a big outdoor screen under the Brooklyn Bridge. One of the coolest things I've done in the city!
Friday: I dropped off Morgan with Minde and headed down to meet Cody as he was getting off work early. We had lunch at Max Brenner's Chocolate by the Bald Man and saw a movie. It was a wonderful date and we really enjoyed the time together.
Well, that's it for now. It has been a slow week so far, this week. I will post any other cool pics once I have them.

4 comments:
And I was just thinking, Beth has not blogged in awhile. Thanks. So much fun. We are just waiting to see what our hurricanes and storms are doing. Fun times. Morgan is a cutie.
Oh my heck! He is so cute! And I will try to be better about posting...
Have I told you that I love the pic of you guys at the top of the blog?
We're glad you enjoy the pics and we look forward to sharing more cute pics of Morgan in the future:)
Post a Comment