Thursday, September 18, 2008

I Heart Today!

Today, I am happy to announce, is the 4th Anniversary of our wonderful wedding! My darling husband surprised me this morning with lots of goodies and roses that he brought home last night. I surprised him with a book wrapped in its Barnes & Noble bag...tsk tsk. Cody got me another Harry Potter book, Stardust dvd and some Haribo gummi candy. Truly the only edible gummi food in the world according to me! Oh and a new water bottle. What a thoughtful husband I have to cover all the basics. I am so very blessed to have the pleasure of being married to Cody and I can't believe how quickly 4 years have passed. Good thing we have all eternity or I'd feel like we were running out of time! He is my favorite person and best friend and a wonderful father.
I Heart Cody!!!!

Another reason today is lovely is we were invited to join Sunny, Harper and our little friend Sebastian at the playground this morning. It's always fun to get a chance to go play with people you don't see everyday...even those you do see everyday. We just like other people, especially them:)
On the way home through East Harlem, I stopped and bought a Mango Flower from a local grocer. For some reason a lot of people in East Harlem like to cut up fruit and put it on a stick, mainly mango, pineapple and oranges. I'm not sure why they do it but we sure do appreciate it.

Morgan digging in to a mango petal!

For lunch I had a treat that really only I enjoy, thanks to Mesha for sending it to me. Then I had a lovely nap, read more Harry Potter and am enjoying my Happy-Cola gummi candy while I write this post. I have book club tonight, which I love and that about wraps up why I'm feeling pretty good today!

7 comments:

Wanderingfamilies said...

Happy 4th Anniversary! Cody is a gem! And cola gummies are the all-time best! Enjoy the gross deviled ham, too...

jamiegilson said...

Happy Anniversary! We just recently watched Stardust and absolutely loved it. And funny that you mentioned the Cola gummies cuz I was just recently introduced to those too. What a great day.

Did I mention that Peanut Butter concoction from Serendipity? ... when I see it, it makes my mouth water. Serendipity, here I come. Enjoy the rest of the book. Which one is it by the way?

Rebecca Smylie said...

What! Yesterday was your anniversary and we stole you away for book club? That's commitment Beth, true commitment.

Jill and Kevin said...

Happy Anniversary! Fun, fun. Enjoy your night out tomorrow. I'm surprised you didn't put chili powder (or whatever spice that is that is added to mango) on the mango flower. Maybe that's only done in Southern California!

Marci + Dan said...

Happy Anniversary!

naomi megan. said...

happy anniversary! four years is crazy long!

Lara said...

Congratulations on 4 years! That is awesome. A mango flower sounds interesting....
Sounds like Cody is a real sweet guy. You are very lucky. Enjoy year #5!