Thursday, October 14, 2010

Beth's 31st Birthday Weekend

On Friday, October 8th, I had my 31st birthday. I spent a great day with the kids doing laundry and meeting Cody at Smuckers for lunch with daddy. Then that evening, Cody got a babysitter so that we could go out to dinner. We went to a Thai restaurant that we've been wanting to try and then got some ice cream. Cody is so great at birthdays and gift giving. I am one lucky lady!
On the Saturday morning of my birthday weekend, we were scheduled to clean the chapel.
These two were super helpful, as you might imagine.
That evening we babysat for Jerry and Becky so they could go on a belated date for their anniversary. They've been married one week less than us. We had a great time with Ben and Abby and everyone enjoyed the Happy Meals Cody brought home for them.
Yay, for friends and chicken nuggets!
Sunday at church I sported some new shoes I got for myself as a anniversary/birthday present. I will have to post a picture later because they are pretty amazing. That evening we all went over to Becky and Jerry's home for a big birthday bash along with Heather, PJ and family. Ben, Jack and I all have birthdays just days apart. We all made fall/Halloween themed food and had an awesome time hanging out together.
Abby, Morgan and Jack supervising the food and cakes.
Abby, Ben, Morgan, Pepper, Jack and baby Gwendolyn
Some ghost tortilla chips Heather made.
Hot dog mummies from Becky.
Graveyard bread chips from Heather.
Becky made the train cake for Ben and I. Heather made the truck/dirt cake for Jack.
They were both super yummy and fun to look at.
Ben going to town on his part of the train.
Pepper enjoying her portion of cake.
Sad little Morgan had to sit and watch all the fun because he had an accident in his underwear. This is still a major battle in our home that has been going on for almost a year. Some days I think this kid is never going to figure out how to poop on the potty! I just need to keep praying and doing my very best not to yell. Easier said than done!
We had a fabulous time celebrating our mutual birthdays together. I could think of no better way to celebrate another year of life than with amazing friends!
Thanks to everyone who sent emails, texts, calls and other messages. I felt very loved. Thank you, thank you!

3 comments:

Jill and Kevin said...

Fun party with great treats! Good luck with Morgan and the potty stuff. So very frustrating. And I'm glad you had a great birthday. Oh, your mantle looks great. I get the Better Homes and Garden emails and they always have such cute fireplace mantle decorations, but I don't have one (don't need one, but jealous of yours!) Love Pepper's hair (as always)

Tora Family said...

Beth, cute blog...and cute kiddos...and happy belated birthday! We found your blog via the Anderson's blog!

Wanderingfamilies said...

Great post - that first pic of you is really cute! Love how creative you and your friends are...miss you!