Kim, Mike and the kids drove up from Alabama on Saturday the 2nd to play with us for a few days. Their kids had a fall break from school so we enjoyed the time together. Since it was General Conference weekend, they arrived in time for pizza before Mike, Cody and Nathan headed off to the priesthood session.
These three were instant best buddies. Morgan had an absolute blast playing with all of his cousins.
Unfortunately, the weather was not so perfect for most of the trip but we still managed to get outside and explore our surroundings.
This is a path behind one of our neighbors homes that leads down into Sand Run Park. It was a little steep but fun to explore.
Yay for chilly, family fun!


Kim, Mike and Nathan watching conference.
Mike organized a game of cricket with the kids. I guess you can't spend a bunch of years living in England without picking up something.
Morgan was in hog-heaven with all these big, crazy boys to rough-house with!

Such a great smile!
Sunday night, Cody, made us a very yummy roast dinner. Pepper especially loved the mashed potatoes!
A lot!
We borrowed a table and some chairs from church so we could actually use our dining room.
One of many walks, despite the rain.
Monday, Benny joined Morgan in his Little Gym class. I was worried he might be too shy but he jumped right in and had a great time.
Monday night, Cody, Kim and Mike all helped me prepare for a pumpkin enrichment I was doing on Tuesday night. I was making a pumpkin pie from a whole pumpkin and roasting pumpking seeds. Mike carved the big pumpkin for us. I was very grateful for all the help!Uncle Mike helped her with her look on Tuesday.
Tuesday afternoon, despite the weather being cold and wet, we drove out to Ramseyer Farms to enjoy the fall activities. We loved it so much last year; I couldn't wait to bring Kim's family out to see all the fun. One of these years we're going to come on a nice day!

The awesome playground.
Hay bale maze for the kiddies.
They have a few slides that fall into a box full of corn. Very fun and different.

An obstacle course. Pepper was dying to get up that hill. She's a climber.
My most favorite shot EVER!
Who needs a real tractor when you can have a huge one made out of hay. Morgan thought this was the coolest and kept talking about it later.


Having a rubber duckie water race.
The boys testing out their milking skills.
I could not have planned this shot if I tried!
Tuesday afternoon, despite the weather being cold and wet, we drove out to Ramseyer Farms to enjoy the fall activities. We loved it so much last year; I couldn't wait to bring Kim's family out to see all the fun. One of these years we're going to come on a nice day!
The awesome playground.
Hay bale maze for the kiddies.
They have a few slides that fall into a box full of corn. Very fun and different.
An obstacle course. Pepper was dying to get up that hill. She's a climber.
My most favorite shot EVER!
Who needs a real tractor when you can have a huge one made out of hay. Morgan thought this was the coolest and kept talking about it later.

Having a rubber duckie water race.
The boys testing out their milking skills.
I could not have planned this shot if I tried!They also have go carts but the track was too muddy.
Getting ready for our train/tractor ride.

Joshua's great smile!
Jacob looking oh so cool.


This big slide was suppossed to be for only 5 and up but since we were pretty much the only people there, they seemed to turn a blind eye when we let everyone go up and down.
My action shots.

Morgan totally eating it!
Nathan managed to pose for the camera.
Best picture ever!
It wasn't always the fastest slide.
Getting ready for our train/tractor ride.
Joshua's great smile!
Jacob looking oh so cool.

This big slide was suppossed to be for only 5 and up but since we were pretty much the only people there, they seemed to turn a blind eye when we let everyone go up and down.
My action shots.
Morgan totally eating it!
Nathan managed to pose for the camera.
Best picture ever!
It wasn't always the fastest slide.I smile every time I look at Mike's face.
We all started hanging out inside the drop zone because it was warmer. Also, something you're not suppossed to do. We're such rule breakers!

After all the sliding fun, we took the longest hay ride of my life. It was really fun but Pepper was very difficult to it was just a little too long for me. Beautiful country though.





While Kim, Mike, Nathan and Joshua went on a muddy corn maze, I watched everyone else play in the corn wagon. These guys had the best time and it was much warmer in here away from the wind. We're still finding corn in the car and our house; it got into everything!


So pretty!
I get such great shots of my kids who both refuse to look at me most of the time.


Wednesday morning we went to Kirtland to see all the church history sites there. It was another wet, cold, dreary day but we managed to have a good time.

Morgan loves to pick flowers and give them to me. I must say that I am okay with that:)
Ben with a model of the Kirtland Temple.

Such a great poser.
Because of the rain we couldn't have a real picnic but the kids seemed to enjoy our makeshift one.
After lunch, we took some family photos since the rain had let up.

The kids loved racing everywhere we went.


Being the photographer, I don't make it into many shots so here's one of me and a very curly haired, Pepper.


The Jester family at the Kirtland Temple.
Such pretty ladies and pretty flowers.


After the temple, we went to the Morley Farm.

On their last night, Kim and Mike took Cody and I out to dinner for my birthday. Luckily, Nathan is old enough and responsible enough and willing enough to babysit all the kids. We put Pepper to bed, got everyone bathed and dressed in pajamas and set up in front of a movie with some popcorn and we were good to go. Luckily, the kids pretty much didn't move and we had a great time at dinner.
We all started hanging out inside the drop zone because it was warmer. Also, something you're not suppossed to do. We're such rule breakers!
After all the sliding fun, we took the longest hay ride of my life. It was really fun but Pepper was very difficult to it was just a little too long for me. Beautiful country though.




While Kim, Mike, Nathan and Joshua went on a muddy corn maze, I watched everyone else play in the corn wagon. These guys had the best time and it was much warmer in here away from the wind. We're still finding corn in the car and our house; it got into everything!

So pretty!
I get such great shots of my kids who both refuse to look at me most of the time.

Wednesday morning we went to Kirtland to see all the church history sites there. It was another wet, cold, dreary day but we managed to have a good time.
Morgan loves to pick flowers and give them to me. I must say that I am okay with that:)
Ben with a model of the Kirtland Temple.
Such a great poser.
Because of the rain we couldn't have a real picnic but the kids seemed to enjoy our makeshift one.
After lunch, we took some family photos since the rain had let up.
The kids loved racing everywhere we went.

Being the photographer, I don't make it into many shots so here's one of me and a very curly haired, Pepper.

The Jester family at the Kirtland Temple.
Such pretty ladies and pretty flowers.

After the temple, we went to the Morley Farm.
On their last night, Kim and Mike took Cody and I out to dinner for my birthday. Luckily, Nathan is old enough and responsible enough and willing enough to babysit all the kids. We put Pepper to bed, got everyone bathed and dressed in pajamas and set up in front of a movie with some popcorn and we were good to go. Luckily, the kids pretty much didn't move and we had a great time at dinner. I am so glad that the Jesters were able to come visit. We love, love, love living closer to family and can't wait for more get togethers with both sides of our family.
Come again soon!




1 comment:
I would comment on the fun things about each picture, but now I can't remember what they were. I loved all the pictures. Jacob looks like a gangster! I like the picture of Mikayla giving Pepper a hug on the front porch of the store. Too cute. I'm glad you guys had such a fun time!
Post a Comment