Monday, January 17, 2011

It's Shaping Up to be a Long, Long, Winter

Here is some randomness from our life stuck indoors because of tons of snow. While Morgan was at school Pepper and I played dress up. Pepper was a ballerina princess and I was the mommy holding the babies.
This was her big dance move although it looks more like stretching.
Here is a little video of her showing off some more:


It is important for princesses to have good oral hygiene!
After nap time, we went outside to join Morgan in the snow. We got all bundled up, went outside and then realized he had gone inside our neighbors house to play. So we stayed outside for a bit and then joined them. The day before we were all outside sledding down our neighbors hill. Morgan and Pepper loved sledding. I have a feeling we will be doing that a lot more often!
Snow, snow and more snow!
Pepper attempting to make her way down the hill in knee deep snow.
Wednesday night Jack and baby Gwendolyn came to play again. Pepper was very happy Gwendolyn came this time and insisted on holding her despite the fact they are almost the same size. This little cutie was seriously the easiest baby ever! She sat and watched the others play for awhile, drank some of her bottle, then I put her in her carseat with her binky, sat her in the other room and she fell right to sleep without a sound. She then stayed that way till her dad came to get her. I have some pretty amazing sleepers but this little beauty takes the cake!
Jack and Morgan posing for me. These two crack me up.
Pepper showing off her cute Sunday dress I bought for her right after she was born. Not really the right season for it but still very cute.

So I have now become a huge fan of the Deceptively Delicious cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld. I have only tried a few recipes but I love the concept and am excited to keep trying it. I had to borrow the cookbook and a food processor from different friends. I wanted to try it all out before I committed to buying them myself and I am totally sold!
I spent Sunday afternoon baking and steaming lots of veggies to make purees.

So now I have a nice little storage of carrots, butternut squash, spinach, chickpeas and cauliflower purees to add to many different meals. Yipee, for tricking your kids into eating healthier!
And that is just a taste of our winter lives.

6 comments:

Wanderingfamilies said...

I wish we lived closer - you are such a good mom, especially in winter! I am becoming so lazy and let the girls watch tv...help! That polka dot dress is ADORABLE, so is Pepper! I need to try that book - I've heard great things about it...miss you!

Sarah said...

awesome job on the purees!! i'm so excited you actually did it. you'll have to let me know how the recipes come out. and you are a brave mama to introduce your children to playing in the snow. i'm sorry to say i have no desire to play in the snow :)

Kiasa said...

I'm super jealous of your backyard!!! Let me know which of the recipes you like a lot. I've had the book for a long time but haven't tried anything yet.

JoshandJen said...

Pepper is looking so big and old!! She is so cute, I know I say that everytime, but she is!! Love that polka dot dress she has on. Way to go with the puree, i seriously need to check that book out for picky non-veggie eating justin :)

Laura Perkins said...

I totally have that cook book and have yet to do anything about it. You have inspired me. Let me know if it works.

Heather said...

I love the random posts/pictures. That is normal life for us too and it makes me better that you aren't having too many adventures without me. :) thanks again for watching the kids and the kind words about our Jellybean. Maybe we could come and sled one of these days...