Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pepper's 1st Ballet Recital

This school year Pepper started taking ballet every Saturday morning. I have been very excited for her to start taking dance classes and luckily, Pepper was just as excited. On Friday, May 30th, Pepper had her dance recital. The Wednesday before they had a dress rehearsal.
Getting ready to rehearse.

On the evening of the recital, Cody got home early and we had a sitter come stay with Hazel to make it easier to focus on Pepper. It was crazy crowded at the high school auditorium but so fun to see all the kids dressed up in the awesome costumes. Pepper's group was the third group to go and we left right after so Cody and I could go out for his birthday. Morgan and Pepper were both enjoying watching the other dance groups so I think next year we will have to stay for the whole thing.
This is one excited duck!

Hanging out in the green room.

All the little ones got there early, this place was insane about 5 min before the show started.

Morgan was so excited for Pepper. I love how much they get excited for each other...when they're not fighting of course!
Here's a video from the performance. I was stubborn and wouldn't let Cody take the video, even though he had a much better view. I kept moving trying to get a better shot of Pepper but I really took a great video of her friend, Hannah, who was standing in front. Hannah was really the star of their group anyway so it worked out. Pepper is really cute at the very end.

No comments: