Sunday, March 9, 2014

Valentine's Cards and other goings on

Some things we were up to the week of Valentines. 
On Thursday, the 13th, Woodland Preschool had a spaghetti dinner night to help raise money for new playground equipment. Cody was busy but luckily Lesli was there with her kids so I had lots of help. 
Friday the 14th, Valentine's Day, we had a day off of school. I watched the Smith kids that morning so Lesli could get some chores done at home. Since Ellie likes to do art projects, I decided she could help the girls and I make valentine cards for the dads. We tried to get the boys involved but between Legos and Beyblades they were too preoccupied. 
Hazel's hand prints on the outside of her card for Cody.
Pepper's card for Daddy.
On Valentine's night we got a babysitter, luckily I planned well in advance on that one, and joined 4 other couples at Lesli and Adam Smith's home for dinner. We had lots of delicious homemade goodies and great conversation. Then we all headed over to a small, local theatre to watch Agatha Christie's Spider's Web. The Couch House Theatre in Akron is the 4th longest continuously running community theatre in the country. It was a really fun night and a great way to celebrate the holiday.
Finally getting around to having a family valentine dinner on Sunday the 16th. Pink and chocolate heart-shaped waffles and eggs on heart-shaped plates. That's about the extent of my enthusiasm for this holiday but it's fun to have time together.
Hazel showing off a different way to ride the sit-n-spin.
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments: