Back in November we decided as a family that we were not going to eat out at all until Gramma and Papa Goodier came to visit for Morgan's baptism. We wanted to save money and focus more on doing things together on the weekend that didn't cost money. It definitely took more planning ahead on my part and Cody's cooking skills, which thankfully he has in rich supply (Cody is in charge of pretty much all the cooking during the weekend!) Since we were always home on Friday nights now, it became a fun time for Cody and I to pick older movies to share with the kids. We LOVE pizza/movie Fridays!
 |
| "Friday night pizza/movie night brought us another 80s classic. I was slightly worried we'd have nightmares but as usual everyone was fine. Can you guess the movie?" Labyrinth...no one rocks out with goblins like David Bowie! |
 |
| Pants are apparently optional for movie nights. |
 |
| "I took Chamaine's advice and tonight's pizza night movie is 'Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.' The kids are loving it!" |
 |
| 'Wizard of Oz' kept us all entertained quite nicely. |
I worried that the kids would complain a ton about not going out to eat, because they love it as much as Cody and I do. We explained our plan to the kids and everyone was on board. And to my surprise no one ever complained or whined to eat out. We had the occasional request for ice cream but we managed to find other "treats" at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment