Saturday, May 16, 2015

MomsClub Fire Station Tour

On Friday, May 15th, Hazel, Truly, and I joined our friends from MOMSclub and visited the Copley Fire Station. It was a very fun morning and the firefighters were all extremely nice. The firefighters looked like they really enjoyed talking and interacting with all the kids. It made a big difference to the tour!
Sometimes Hazel seems like she's getting so big and then I see a picture like this and she just looks so tiny. I just want to scoop her up and shower her with tissues.



The group.







I think Hazel was a little overwhelmed by the whole outing but I swear she was enjoying herself.


The firefighters put up the ladder then crawled up it to the very top and rode it down sideways off the truck. It was crazy and amazing and they looked like they were having the best time. Just big kids!













Then they turned on the fire hose and let the kids take turns holding it and spraying it at their friends. Not surprising this was a big hit with everyone.





Just a little wet.


Teaching the kids that firefighters aren't scary and what to do if there's a fire in their house.

After the fire house, a group of us reconvened at Chick-fil-A to finish off the morning out. Truly loves it here.
"Had the best time with our MOMsclub this morning at the Copley Fire Station. The firefighters were amazingly kind, patient, and looked like they were having a great time with the kids. The kids were in firefighting heaven!"
"The fireman gave us a tour of the station, let the kids get in the trucks and ambulances, showed us the big ladder, demonstrated their gear, and sprayed the kids with the fire hose. Best fire station tour EVER!!!!"
Here are some pictures Sarah Chuba, our club president, took.



Here's a video of Hazel spraying the water hose:

No comments: