Monday, May 25, 2015

Truly's 1st Birthday Cake

On Sunday, May 24th we had a family celebration for Truly's 1st birthday with our friends the Chubas (Sarah, Larry, Marcus, and Nathaniel.) I made a special little heart shaped cake just for Truly. I had left over blue icing from Morgan's cub scout cake, so blue it was. It was two layers and had sprinkles on top. I have always wanted a baby to just attack a cake on their 1st birthday but the other three had not seemed that excited. Truly was a whole other story. It was epic and awesome and her reaction to her cake made me very, very happy. We all had a great time watching her.

The other cake was a combination of a lot of other leftover frosting. Definitely, not my prettiest cake but it did it's job.






This face!
There was frosting EVERYWHERE!!!!


"Why take a small bite when you can try to eat the entire cake, plate included?!" 
"I think the birthday princess approved of her special cake. Needless to say, someone earned herself a bath after this...It. Was. Everywhere!"
"The cake the rest of us enjoyed. Thanks, to the Chuba's for helping us celebrate! (Cake pan was made in 1979, found in a pine chest my mom gave us!) 
Awesome video of the celebration and cake devouring:

No comments: