Sunday, November 8, 2015

Fall Leaves

The first Saturday in November was a beautiful day so we decided to start tackling the leaves in our yard while the kids happily played. Yikes there were a lot of leaves! Good thing our yard is not very big!


Cody just tossed Truly into the gigantic leaf pile. She totally disappeared. 
I'm so glad I captured her expression. She just kept looking at him like, "Why would you do such a thing?!"
I love the leaves stuck in her whale spout.
The older kids seemed to enjoy jumping in the leaves a lot more.




"Started on the leaves today. With all this help it's a wonder we are NO where near finished after a couple hours!!!"
"Someone was less than impressed when daddy threw her in a huge pile of leaves and she completely disappeared!!!!"
So many buckeye nuts!
"This is our third massive bucketful of buckeye nuts from our front yard! Why would someone plant these trees in their yard and what do I do with all these nuts besides throw them out?!"


"Leaves finally raked! Yikes my back hurts...from watching Cody do most of it!"
We decided to try and dry out the buckeye nuts so we could string them into necklaces and key chains. You had to drill a hole in each one and then bake them for a couple hours. Very tedious process and the kitchen smelled funky for awhile.
Here's a video of the kids jumping in the leaves:

No comments: