Thursday, November 1, 2007

ALL HIS ELEPHANT GLORY!

Finally the moment you've all been waiting for...Morgan's debut as the cutest elephant in the world! Cody's mom made this magnificent costume for us and it fit Morgan perfectly. No one would believe us that it was homemade. We first revealed this work of art at our Harlem First Ward Halloween party last Saturday. It was a big hit! Yesterday, I took Morgan to my old work and then to Cody's work so everyone could get a good look. People were stopping me on the street to tell me how cute he was or did double takes once they realized they had indeed passed an elephant on the street. I know this is long but there were too many cute pics to choose from so here is just a small sample. I hope you all enjoy because I know we did. Also, I would love to hear comments on what you or your children were for Halloween. Cody and I were farmers...it has become our staple costume!

Morgan is so chill about most things, including having a huge head piece on with big ears, a trunk and two tusks!
Morgan with his friend Eliot as Elvis. You can't tell in this picture but Eliot has painted on sideburns. Also, check out those cheeks on Morgan!


Here are some more pics from the Halloween Party. The first one has the new additions to our ward family along with some older siblings who I teach in Nursery. Kian the dragon, Cyra the monkey, Darian a pumpkin, Harper is a duck and Lucia is the second pumpkin. Ashley and Eliot are next followed by Jihea and Aaron the Homey G and Sebastian, who is Thomas the Tank Engine with his father who is Batman.

Here are the two buddies as matching safari animals. Chase was not super excited about his mane but looked pretty darn cute anyway!

Here Morgan is sporting Ashley's wig, probably the most hair we'll ever see on this kid and Eliot sporting Morgan's head piece. This costume looks great on everyone!

















On Halloween day I decided to take some pics of Morgan and I hanging about the house with our cute Halloween socks. You can't really see it but Morgan has skull and crossbones on his t-shirt thanks to Mark and Cathy.

Morgan was very determined to get that camera, he wouldn't take his eyes off it for a second!

Here we are at M Booth and Associates to show off Morgan to all of Cody's co-workers. He has become the unofficial mascot of the office and everyone seems to get a big kick out of his visits. Morgan also doesn't seem to mind the female attention! He kills with those dimples!











Here is Andrew and Margaret Booth with Morgan. Yep Margaret is the M in M Booth!











Morgan decided to give Lauren's office that little something extra it needed...little elephant hand and mouth smudges on the glass!

After all of the festivities we decided to head home by way of our usual 6 Train subway. It was quickly approaching Morgan's bedtime hour but Morgan was still being a trooper in his adorable costume.

Here he is just chillin on the way home. I love the way he kicks his legs. The feet on this costume just crack me up!
Finally, Morgan was reaching the end of his rope...just a few more stops, you can make it...

Apparently not! We tried to take Morgan Trick or Treating on at least our neighbors door but he didn't even make it to our building before calling it a night. Morgan was a fantastic elephant and I think this costume will go down in baby's first Halloween history!




12 comments:

Unknown said...

Morgan's cuteness is unbearable. Can we get a new billing code for the admiration of cute babies?

Marci + Dan said...

I LOVE that Costume with a capitol C.

Marci + Dan said...

Scratch: capitAl C.

E.F.G. said...

You're right...the feet kicking is priceless. Did your MiL have a pattern to make that adorable elephant? Happy 1st Halloween.

Andrew Rossi said...

Morgan, I like appreciate that your parents, vanilla ice cream and Elizabeth Bennett, repspectively, are bringing you up as a public relations professional elephant. It just makes sense.

Cutest PR Elephant ever.

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Cody's mom did have a pattern we got at wal-mart in utah. it was a mccalls pattern by Tom Arma.

Wanderingfamilies said...

Oh my heck! Truly the cutest elephant! Kudos to Pat Adams, the seamstress, and to Beth & Cody, the baby recipe makers!

Jones said...

couldn't get the video to play, but I'll come back later and try...

CUTE CUTE and CUTE!!! I wanted Thatcher to be an elephant, Dumbo. But when the grandparents are buying, I'll let THEM choose! lol. that costume is really good. I mean, wow! your mother-in-law in incredibly talented!!

and I love the picture of you and Morgan when you're just kind of leaning your head toward him, in the stroller. so precious!

Maddy was, of course, Cinderella. and Thatcher a fireman. I just posted pics on my blog!

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Sorry something is going on with google video so sorry if you can't see it. they better not have lost it though because i already deleted it from my camera! glad everyone is enjoying the costume!

Anonymous said...

I didn't think that it was legal for a baby to be THAT cute!!!

What a special baby you guys have!

Unknown said...

I'd heard rumors about the cuteness of Morgan the elephant. So glad to have them confirmed.

Ashley said...

Wow! So very cute. He makes a perfect little elephant and the costume is amazing. Thanks for posting all the pics of the cute ward babies as well. So fun! Hopefully I will get some up soon of Leo as a chubby zebra.