Friday, November 16, 2007

Beth's Big Business Adventure

Being a stay-at-home mom has not proven easy on the purse strings. Ever since Morgan was born I've been looking for ways to make some more income but not sacrifice being home with him. I know I'm not alone in this struggle since I'm sure most every mom in the world struggles with this dilemma in one way or another. I also needed time to work on my thesis and enjoyed the idea of being the boss of my own time. However, I vowed I would never sell anything because I hate to be pushy and come across as fake..."Oh you do look great in that shade of pink lipstick!"
With all that said I was browsing a friend's blog the other day and came across a link for a work from home decorating business, Uppercase Living. I clicked on the link and instantly was intrigued. Being a New Yorker now I of course have a rental apartment. Cody and I had a lot of fun decorating our apartment when we first moved in two years ago but hit a wall, literally a few walls we could never quite figure out what to do with. When I saw this website I finally knew what I wanted to do with those walls. I do enjoy the little sayings but I was really amazed by the different designs and the possibility to create my own designs. I love the fact that I can add some color and fun to a room with out putting out a lot of money to paint a space that is not my own. Cody loved the easy to apply and easy to remove aspect of the designs. I also loved the fact that there are really no other "demonstrators" in our area. My senior demonstrator lives in Rochester.

The possibilities seem endless, what a fun way to decorate a nursery, or a dorm room, or spruce up some bathroom tiles, or add a fun seasonal decoration to your door that you don't have to worry about the neighbors stealing! I would love for anyone interested to view the website and see for themselves. Just click on the Custumor Corner Login and put in my Demonstrator ID: 403841 and Registration Token: BAdams. You can view the catalog or have fun createing your own design. If you see anything you really enjoy just let me know and I can place an order for you. If you decide you would like to host a party and you live in my area...sorry sisters...we can arrange that too.

I'm just really excited about this and understand this is not my get rich quick scheme but thought I could really have some fun with this. I hope you all enjoy and either way let me know what you think. Thank you to all!

P.S. You can comment on here or email me at beffers108@yahoo.com

5 comments:

Wanderingfamilies said...

I tried to get on and see what this looks like, but had issues. I will try again. I am always trying to improve the look of our place...

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Let me know if it continues to not work. Did anyone else have problems? If you want something Holiday inspired before Christmas I need to put in the order before Nov. 30th, just FYI.

Wanderingfamilies said...

Got it! I just had to add www. to the site address...I am browsing now...

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

i fixed the link so it should work now. sorry about that but thanks for pointing it out. hope you enjoy!

Wanderingfamilies said...

Well, let me say that I am excited to be your first customer and to get my order in the mail! My house will be the envy of all my friends and family...thanks!